This security update includes improvements and fixes that resolve the following issues:
- Addressed issue introduced by KB 4032782 where Internet Explorer may close unexpectedly when you visit some websites.
- Addressed issue in Internet Explorer 11 where a text node returned from the DOMParser may be incorrect when MutationObserver for childList and subtree is active.
- Addressed issue in Internet Explorer 11 where a crash can occur in limited scenarios when using the Find feature (Ctrl-F).
- Addressed issue where the onhashchange event fails to trigger when navigating some hashed URLs in Internet Explorer 11.
- Addressed issue where the NewWindow3 event handler is never called in a managed WebBrowser class of .NET 4.6.
- Addressed issue that can cause cursor flicker when hovering over a pop-up menu option in Internet Explorer 11 and Microsoft Edge.
- Addressed issue where Internet Explorer 11 crashes when a user clicks an empty column header and then quickly does a Shift + double click.
- Addressed issue where Internet Explorer 11 crashes with certain Browser Helper Objects after the July Internet Explorer updates.
- Addressed issue where certain elements (input or select) cannot be active targets of any action in Internet Explorer 11. This occurs after removing an iframe that contained a cursor inside certain elements (input or select) and adding a new iframe.
- Security updates to Internet Explorer.
- Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 update history
- Windows Server 2012 update history
- Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 update history
- Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 update history
- The fixes included in this Security Update for Internet Explorer 4025252 are also included in the July 2017 Security Monthly Quality Rollup. Installing either the Security Update for Internet Explorer or the Security Monthly Quality Rollup installs the fixes that are resolved in this update.
- If you use update management processes other than Windows Update and you automatically approve all security updates classifications for deployment, this Security Update for Internet Explorer 4025252, the July 2017 Security Only Quality Update, and the July 2017 Security Monthly Quality Rollup are deployed. We recommend that you review your update deployment rules to make sure the desired updates are deployed.
- This Security Update for Internet Explorer is not applicable for installation on a computer where the Security Monthly Quality Rollup or the Preview of Monthly Quality Rollup from July 2017 (or a later month) is already installed. This is because those updates contain all fixes in this Security Update for Internet Explorer.
If you install a language pack after you install this update, you must reinstall this update. Therefore, we recommend that you install any language packs that you need before you install this update. For more information, see Add language packs to Windows.
Windows 7 for x64-based systems may continue to report that you need to apply this July 11, 2017 Internet Explorer 11 update after it has already been installed.
- As of this publication date, Microsoft had corrected the issue for both Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), and Microsoft Update Catalog distributions.
- Update management solutions that use the Windows Update offline scan method, may still experience this issue.
- As a potential workaround, affected customers can choose to install the update by using WSUS, or manually by using the Windows Update Catalog page.
Method 1: Microsoft Update
Note For Windows RT and Windows RT 8.1, this update is available through Microsoft Update only.
Method 2: Microsoft Update CatalogTo get the stand-alone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
The English (United States) version of this software update installs files that have the attributes that are listed in the following tables. The dates and the times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). The dates and the times for these files on your local computer are displayed in your local time together with your current daylight-saving time (DST) bias. Additionally, the dates and the times may change when you perform certain operations on the files.
For a list of the files that are provided in this cumulative update, download the file information for update 4021558.
Article ID: 4025252 - Last Review: 2017, ഒക്ടോ 17 - Revision: 31