You can change how you pay for a Microsoft subscription any time unless your payment is past due.
- Sign in to your services and subscriptions with your Microsoft account. If you're updating your child's subscription, make sure you sign in with their account, not yours.
- Find the subscription in the list, then select Change how you pay. If you turn off auto-renew, you won't be able to change how you pay for it. To learn more, see Cancel or turn off auto-renew on a Microsoft subscription.
- Choose a new way to pay from the list or select Add a new way to pay and follow the instructions.
- If you want to use a prepaid subscription code, turn off auto-renew on the old subscription. For more info, see Cancel or turn off auto-renew on a Microsoft subscription. When it expires, go to Redeem a gift card or code to your Microsoft account and follow the instructions.
- If you don't see your way to pay listed, add it again. You'll only have to do this once.
For prepaid, you can't change how you pay because it's a prepaid subscription.
- However, you can update your payment info and buy a new subscription when your prepaid subscription expires. See Add, update, or remove credit cards and other ways to pay.
You can use your Xbox One to change how you pay for subscriptions.
- On your console, select System > Settings > Account > Subscriptions. You may be asked to sign in again to protect your account.
- Choose the subscription, then select Change how you pay. If your subscription is past due, select Pay now.
Choose an existing payment option or select Add a new way to pay, then follow the instructions.