Consider the following scenario:
- You installed the Microsoft System Center Operations Manager Management Packs.
- You add a SQL Server Analytics Platform System (APS) appliance by running new-apsappliance.ps1.
- You set up the Watcher and Monitoring accounts.
In this scenario, the appliance isn't monitored, and you experience one of the following issues:
- Issue A: The appliance isn't discovered and isn't visible in Operations Manager.
- Issue B: The appliance is listed in Operations Manager but is in the NOT MONITORED state.
This issue is caused by an error that occurs during discovery. To see the error information, check the Operations Manager event log on the watcher node. The following error scenarios can occur.
- Errors for the APS watcher account, such as an incorrect password
- Error logged in the event log:
"SQL2012APS MP.Appliance:<Fabric name>.Script:APSApplianceNodesDiscovery.vbs: Connection failed
Error Number: 16389
Description: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified"
Note This is an ambiguous error. APS no longer requires a DSN. The appliance information is added and used in the registry.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
To fix this issue, follow these steps as appropriate for the error scenario.
For Scenario A
- Correct the password in Operations Manager.
For Scenario B
- Verify that the appliance is added to the registry of the watcher node.
Note The IP that's specified must be for the APS Control Node IP. It should be located under the following registry subkey:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Analytics Platform System\Management Pack\Appliances
- Verify that SQL Server Native Client is installed.
Article ID: 4034603 - Last Review: 2017, ജൂലൈ 21 - Revision: 13