You cannot perform a download-only installation of Microsoft Internet Explorer in Microsoft Windows 2000 or Microsoft Windows XP.
This behavior is caused by a change in the Internet Explorer Setup program that allows installation in Windows 2000 or Windows XP. Because Internet Explorer installs only the core browser and scripting files in Windows 2000 or Windows XP, the Install Minimal, or customize your browser option is not available during installation. Therefore, the Component Options dialog box is not available for you to use the Download only option.
To perform a download-only installation from the Internet, follow these steps:
- On the following Internet Explorer download page, locate and then click to download the version of Internet Explorer you want:
- Follow the instructions on the Web page to download Internet Explorer.
- Click Save to Disk (or Save), and then save the IExSetup.exe file in a folder on your computer.
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- Click Browse, browse to the folder in which you saved the Ie5setup.exe file or the Ie6setup.exe file, click to highlight the file, and then click Open.
- In the Open box, click at the end of the command, add a space, and then type one of the following commands:For Internet Explorer 5, type the following:For example, if you saved the Ie5setup.exe setup file in the C:\Windows Update Setup Files folder, the command will look like the following:/c:"ie5wzd.exe /d /s:""#E"""For Internet Explorer 6, type the following:/c:"ie6wzd.exe /d /s:""#E""""C:\Windows Update Setup Files\ie5setup.exe" /c:"ie5wzd.exe /d /s:""C:\Windows Update Setup Files\ie5setup.exe"""Note Double quotation marks around the #E variable are required because #E designates the source path, including the executable, of the Ie5setup.exe or Ie6setup.exe file as appropriate. The following is an explanation of the command line switches that are used:
- /d - Downloads Internet Explorer for the current platform only. However, if you would like to download all platforms, you can use the /d:1 switch value to get all platforms. There are only two values for this switch, /d and /d:1.
- /s:""#E"" - Designates the source path of Ie5setup.exe. The ""#E"" value refers to the full path and name of the .exe file. Note that two pairs of double quotation marks must surround the path.
- Press ENTER. Choose the appropriate items for the operating system.
Artikkel-ID: 257249 – Forrige gjennomgang: 23. apr. 2007 – Revisjon: 1