Update Rollup 2 for System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2 SP1 consists of two update packages. Follow the installation instructions to install the updates for the Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) server and Self-Service Portal.
Issues that are fixed in Update Rollup 2
Virtual Machine Manager server update (KB2691812)The VMM service leaks memory when you manage a Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V cluster that has HP Cluster Extension Software (CLX) installed.
This update package also includes the fixes that are documented in the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Virtual Machine Manager Self-Service Portal update (KB2701207)The Self-Service Portal may not always display all virtual machines if the self-service user has more than 50 virtual machines assigned to them.
How to obtain and install Update Rollup 2 for System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2 Service Pack 1The update packages are available from Microsoft Update.
- To obtain and install the update packages from Microsoft Update, follow these steps on a system that has the Virtual Machine Manager server role installed:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check Online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Click Important updates are available.
- Select the Update Rollup 2 package, and then click OK.
- Click Install updates to install the update package.
Note A restart is required if the Virtual Machine Manager service or the Virtual Machine Manager Agent service is running when the rollup is installed on the Virtual Machine Manager server.
- To manually download the update packages from Microsoft Update Catalog, go to the following Microsoft websites:
Virtual Machine Manager server update (KB2691812)Virtual Machine Manager Self-Service Portal update (KB2701207)
To manually install the update packages, run the following command from an elevated command prompt:msiexec.exe /update packagename BOOTSTRAPPED=1For example:
- To install the Virtual Machine Manager server update (KB2691812) package, run the following command:msiexec.exe /update KB2691812_vmmServer_amd64.msp BOOTSTRAPPED=1
- To install the Virtual Machine Manager Self-Service Portal update (KB2701207) package, run one of the following commands:For the x86 package:msiexec /update KB2701207_vmmEup_i386.msp BOOTSTRAPPED=1For the x64 package:msiexec /update KB2701207_vmmEup_amd64.msp BOOTSTRAPPED=1
- To install the Virtual Machine Manager server update (KB2691812) package, run the following command:
PrerequisitesYou must have System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2 SP1 installed.
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this update rollup. A restart is required if the Virtual Machine Manager service or the Virtual Machine Manager Agent service is running when the rollup is installed on the Virtual Machine Manager server.
File informationThe English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
Artikkel-ID: 2691812 – Forrige gjennomgang: 22. mai 2012 – Revisjon: 1