Fix it for me
To fix this problem automatically, click the Fix itbutton or link. Click Runin the File Download dialog box, and follow the steps in the Fix it wizard.
- This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
- If you are not using the computer that has the problem, save the Fix it solution to a flash drive or a CD and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
Then, go to the "Did this fix the problem?" section.
Let me fix it myselfTo add the print directory feature to Windows Explorer, follow these steps:
Step 1: Create the Printdir.bat fileTo do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type notepad, and then click OK.
- Paste the following text into Notepad:@echo off
dir %1 /-p /o:gn > "%temp%\Listing"
start /w notepad /p "%temp%\Listing"
- On the File menu, click
Exit, and then click Yes to save the changes.
- In the Save As dialog box, type the following text in the File name box, and then click Save:%windir%\Printdir.bat
Note If you receive a dialog box that states that you do not have permission to save in this location, you can save the file to the desktop. Next, you click Start, click Run, type %windir%, and then click OK. Then, you can copy the file from the desktop to the location.
Step 2: Edit the registryImportant This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Click Start, click Run, type Notepad, and then click OK.
- Type the following commands in Notepad.On the File menu, click Save As.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
@="Print Directory Listing"
@="Print Directory Listing"
- In the Save in list, click Desktop.
- In the File name box, type PrintDirectoryListing.reg, click All Files in the Save as type list, and then click Save.
- On the desktop, double-click the LoggingOn.reg file to add the registry keys to the Windows registry.
- Click OK in the message box.
Did this fix the problem?
- Check whether the problem is fixed. If the problem is fixed, you are finished with this section. If the problem is not fixed, you can contact support.
- We would appreciate your feedback. To provide feedback or to report any issues with this solution, please leave a comment on the "Fix it for me" blog or send us an
Artikkel-ID: 272623 – Forrige gjennomgang: 9. nov. 2010 – Revisjon: 1