- You create a folder that contains many subfolders on a file server that is running one of the following operating systems:
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- You share the folder.
- You enabled Access-based Enumeration (ABE) on the shared folder.
Hotfix informationImportant This hotfix has been re-released to address an issue in which the digital signature on files produced and signed by Microsoft will expire prematurely, as described in Microsoft Security Advisory 2749655.
A supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problem described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft website: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesTo apply this hotfix, you must be running one of the following operating systems:
- Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2)
- Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 (SP2)
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Registry informationAfter the hotfix is installed, you must create a new registry entry. To have us create the registry entry for you, go to the "Fix it for me" section. If you prefer to create the registry entry yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.
Fix it for me
To create the registry entry automatically, click the Fix it button or link. Then click Run in the File Download dialog box, and follow the steps in the Fix it wizard.
- When you follow the Fix it wizard, you need enter a ABELevel value. The ABELevel value specifies the maximum level of the folders on which the ABE feature is enabled.
- This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
- If you are not on the computer that has the problem, save the Fix it solution to a flash drive or a CD and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
Then, go to the "Did this fix the problem?" section.
Did this fix the problem?
- Check whether the problem is fixed. If the problem is fixed, you are finished with this section. If the problem is not fixed, you can contact support.
- We would appreciate your feedback. To provide feedback or to report any issues with this solution, please leave a comment on the "Fix it for me" blog or send us an email.
Restart requirementYou must restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace a previously released hotfix.
Artikkel-ID: 2732618 – Forrige gjennomgang: 10. apr. 2013 – Revisjon: 1