Improvements that are included in the updateThe Office for Mac 2011 14.2.4 Update includes the following improvement:
- Office 2011 for Mac now supports retina rendering on Mac computers that are equipped with a retina display.
Improvements for Outlook for Mac 2011
- This update adds the ability for reminders of calendar events to be displayed for all calendars in Outlook. Previously, reminders were only displayed for calendar events in the default account's calendar. Reminders are now displayed for other calendars, and this includes local On My Computer calendars. This update adds the ability to select a default text encoding for composing new messages. The encoding that is selected in composing preferences will be applied to all new messages that are sent from Mac Outlook. To access composing preferences, select Outlook, select Preferences, and then select Composing. The new preference is Preferred encoding for new messages.
- This update changes the HTML syntax of new signatures to be compatible with Mountain Lion and the latest version of WebKit. Email signatures in HTML-formatted email messages may not be displayed in the intended color when the messages are viewed in Mountain Lion or in previous OS versions that were upgraded to the latest version of WebKit. Existing signatures that exhibit this problem must be deleted and recreated to resolve the problem.
- This update improves Mac Outlook's handling of partially downloaded messages. It is now possible to delete or move partially downloaded Exchange messages within the same account.
- This update fixes an issue in which Mac Outlook would crash when it moved certain messages to On My Computer folders by using client-side rules.
- This update fixes an issue in which the last entry from search results in the Select User dialog box was chosen even when another entry was selected. Distribution lists that are selected from search results in the Select User dialog box are chosen correctly. This issue was related to searching and selecting distribution lists only.
- This update resolves an issue that prevented Mac Outlook from downloading mail, calendar, or contact items that contained certain nonprintable characters.
- This update fixes an issue in Mac Outlook with delegated access to email. In certain cases, the email address of the primary user would be added incorrectly to the "Me" contact of the delegate.
- This update resolves the issue in which, in some cases, searching in Mac Outlook by using a date filter returned the wrong results.
- This update fixes an issue in Mac Outlook that affected certain messages that were originally imported from PST files. If such messages were copied into an Exchange account, certain messages would not be readable on Outlook Web Access or other Exchange mail clients.
Previously released improvements that are included in this updateThis update includes all the improvements that were released in all previous Office 2011 updates since the release of the Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.1.0 Update . For more information about the improvements in a previous update, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2598783 Description of the Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.1.3 Update
2644347 Description of the Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.1.4 Update
2685940 Description of the Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.2 Update
2705358 Description of the Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.2.1 Update
2665351 Description of the Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.2.2 Update
2721015 MS12-051: Vulnerability in Microsoft Office for Mac could allow elevation of privilege: July 10, 2012
PrerequisitesBefore you install the Office 2011 14.2.4 Update, make sure that the computer is running Mac OS X v10.5.8 or a later version of the Mac OS X operating system.
To verify that the computer meets this prerequisite, click About This Mac on the Apple menu.
Additionally, you must install the Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.2.3 Update before you install the Office for Mac 2011 14.2.4 Update.
To verify that the update that is installed on your computer, follow these steps:
- On the Go menu, click Applications.
- Open the Microsoft Office 2011 folder, and then open any Office application (for example, open Word).
- On the Word menu, click About Word.
- In the About Word dialog box, compare the version number next to Latest Installed Update.
How to obtain the updateThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Updated filesFor a complete list of the files that this update adds or changes, double-click the update installer. Then, on the File menu, click Show Files.
- The Office 2011 14.2.4 Update is also available from Microsoft AutoUpdate. AutoUpdate is a program that automatically keeps Microsoft software up-to-date.
To use AutoUpdate, start a Microsoft Office program. Then, on the Help menu, click Check for Updates.
For more information about resources for Office for Mac 2011, visit the following Microsoft website:
Artikkel-ID: 2742588 – Forrige gjennomgang: 20. sep. 2012 – Revisjon: 1