Issues that are fixed in Update Rollup 4 for System Center 2012
Operations Manager - UNIX and Linux Monitoring (Management Pack Update)
Issue 1Assume that you use multiple process monitors that target the same computer or group to monitor several processes. The processes have the same name and different process argument filters. In this situation, the processes are monitored incorrectly in some template instances. Therefore, System Center may not detect problems that occur on the monitored processes.
Note After the update imports the updated Microsoft.Unix.Process.Library.mpb file, you must edit and save the existing Process Template instances for the update to take effect.
Issue 2Logical disk performance statistics are not collected for certain volume kinds of disks on Solaris-based computers.
Issue 3Certain Network Adapters on HP-UX computers may not be discovered.
Issue 4Network adapter performance statistics are not collected for HP-UX Network Adapters.
Issue 5Logical disk performance statistics are not collected for certain kinds of device on Linux-based computers.
Issue 6In Solaris operating systems, memory that is used for the ZFS Adaptive Replacement Cache is considered used memory incorrectly.
Virtual Machine Manager (KB2791325 - Console, KB2791326 – VMM Server, KB2791327 – Self-Service Portal)
Issue 1Virtual machine refresh operations may cause high CPU usage on VMware vCenter 4.1 servers.
Issue 2When a highly available virtual machine is configured to use multiple dynamic GPT pass-through disks, the virtual machine has an "Unsupported VM Configuration" status in VMM Console.
Issue 3Agent installation fails on Hyper-V hosts that have WinRM group policies configured.
How to obtain and install Update Rollup 4 for System Center 2012The update packages for Virtual Machine Manager are available from Microsoft Update.
The UNIX and Linux Management Pack update for Operations Manager is available from the following Microsoft Download Center site:
- To obtain and install the updates from Microsoft Update, follow these steps on a system that has an applicable System Center 2012 component installed:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check Online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Click Important updates are available.
- Select the applicable Update Rollup 4 packages, and then click OK.
- Click Install updates to install the update rollup packages.
- To manually download the Virtual Machine Manager update packages from the Microsoft Update Catalog, use the following links:Virtual Machine Manager – Console (KB2791325)
Download the update package now.Virtual Machine Manager – VMM Server (KB2791326)
Download the update package now.Virtual Machine Manager – Self-Service Portal (KB2791327)To manually install the update rollup packages, run the following command at an elevated command prompt:
Download the update package now.msiexec.exe /update PackageNameFor example, to install the VMM Server Update (KB2791326), run the following command:msiexec.exe /update KB2791326-AMD64-Server.msp
Installation instructions for Operations Manager UNIX and Linux monitoring packs and agentsTo install the updated monitoring packs and agents for UNIX and Linux operating systems, follow these steps:
- Download the updated management packs from the following Microsoft website:
- Install the management pack update package to extract the management pack files.
- Import the updated Microsoft.Unix.Library management pack from the Microsoft.Unix.Library\2012 folder, the Microsoft.Process.Library management pack bundle, and the platform library management packs that are relevant to the Linux or UNIX platforms that you monitor in your environment.
Note If you plan to update the Solaris 10 or Solaris 11 management pack bundles, you may have to wait several minutes after you import the Microsoft.Solaris.Library platform library and before you import the Solaris 10 or Solaris 11 management pack bundles.
- Import the updated management pack for each version of Linux or UNIX that you are monitoring in your environment.
- Restart the System Center Management service on each Management Server or Gateway that you use to manage UNIX/Linux agents.
- Upgrade each agent to the latest version by using either the Update-SCXAgent Windows PowerShell cmdlet or the UNIX/Linux Agent Upgrade Wizard in the Administration pane of the Operations Console.
Installation instructions for Virtual Machine ManagerThe VMM agent on the managed computers has to be updated after the VMM Server Update for Update Rollup 4 (KB2791326) is installed.
To update the VMM agent on the managed computers, follow these steps:
- Open the VMM Console.
- Click Fabric, and then select Servers.
- Under Managed Computers, select the servers, and then click Update Agent.
Artikkel-ID: 2785681 – Forrige gjennomgang: 9. jan. 2013 – Revisjon: 1