FRx reports are commonly published to FRx Webport from the Microsoft FRx Report Designer. The following report output formats can be published from FRx Report Designer to the Webport repository:
- Microsoft FRx DrillDown Viewer (Enhanced XML)
- Microsoft Excel
- Lotus 1-2-3
- OLAP cubes
- Insert the FRx installation CD into the CD-ROM drive of the Web server.
The installation program starts automatically.
- In the Welcome to the FRx Installation Browser dialog box, click Install FRx WebPort.
- If your installation CD contains multiple language options for the installation, in the Choose Setup Language dialog box, select the appropriate language from the list, and then click Next.
- In the Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for FRx WebPort dialog box, click Next.
- In the License Agreement dialog box, scroll through and read the license agreement, and then click Yes to accept the terms of the agreement.
Note: If you do not accept the terms of the agreement, click No to exit the installation program. Contact your sales representative to negotiate a license agreement that meets your needs.
- If you are upgrading FRx WebPort from a previous release, in the Existing FRx WebPort Install Found dialog box, select the appropriate option, and then click Next.
- If you want the installation program to convert your existing FRx WebPort data files to the current release, click Upgrade 6.5 to 6.7.x.
- If you do not want the installation program to upgrade the existing FRx WebPort data files, click Install 6.7 without upgrading.
Note: Use the Existing FRx WebPort Install Found dialog box to select which existing FRx WebPort data files to convert to work with FRx WebPort 6.7. After these files are converted, they will not work with any previous releases of the product. For more information about upgrades, see 8216 How To Upgrade From Prior Versions of Microsoft FRx.
- In the Select FRx WebPort Components to Install dialog box, select the FRx WebPort check box, and then click Next.
Note:FRx Web Administrator is automatically selected when you select FRx Web Port.
- In the Choose Destination Location dialog box, do one of the following:
- Click Next to accept the default file location for the FRx WebPort files.
- To select a different folder for the FRx WebPort files, click Browse, browse to the appropriate location, and then click Next.
Note: The default location for the FRx WebPort files is C:\FRxWebPort. If you are using a shared folder, see 9832 Naming Conventions for Shared Directories for more information.
- In the UNC Name box of the Enter FRx WebPort UNC Share Name dialog box, type the share name for FRx WebPort in Uniform Naming Convention (UNC) format, and then click Next.
Note:Microsoft FRxrecommends accepting the default UNC name, which is the same as the default location that was selected in the previous step for the WebPort files.
- In the Please Enter Virtual folder Name dialog box, type the name of the FRx WebPort virtual folder in the Name box, and then click Next.
Note: The virtual folder name must consist of alphanumeric characters only and may not include any spaces.
- Review the installation settings in the Start Copying Files dialog box, and then do one of the following:
- Click Next to accept the settings for the FRx WebPort files and begin the installation.
- If you need to change any settings, click Back, and then make the necessary modifications.
Note: The Start Copying Files dialog box lists the type of installation that you selected, the components to install, file locations, and the program folder name.
- If any installation errors occur, review the messages in the Setup Status dialog box, and then click OK.
Note: For more information about how to use the log file that is mentioned in the Setup Status dialog box, see 9847 How To Read The Install Assist Log File.
- In the InstallShield Wizard Complete dialog box, click Finish.
- The Welcome to the Microsoft FRx Installation Browser reappears. You are finished with the FRx WebPort installation.
NOTE: Upgrades require a different set of steps. Keep these points in mind:
When the 6.5 or 6.7 WebPort is installed on a computer with an earlier version of WebPort, you are prompted to upgrade from a previous version or install without upgrading.
• If you choose to upgrade from 6.0 to 6.5 or 6.7, you must install the newer version into a new directory. Toward the end of the installation, the UpgradeISAPIRepository program will be started. This program copies data files from 6.0 to the new version and updates the repository.xml and XMLUsersDoc.zip files to work with the newer version of WebPort. After the upgrade, the repository path must be manually updated in all FRx catalogs. Users will also need to use a new URL to access the new version of WebPort.
• If you choose to upgrade from 6.5 to 6.7, you should create a backup of the FRxWebPort directory before continuing. You must install the newer version into the same directory as the previous version. This is necessary to maintain the existing repository data and security configuration. In addition, the same share name and virtual directory name should be used. Using the same settings prevents users from having to update catalogs or learn a new URL. The repository.xml and XMLUsersDoc.zip files do not require updates to work with the 6.7 WebPort, so the UpgradeISAPIRepository program is not used.
Artikel-id: 965106 - Laatst bijgewerkt: 30 okt. 2012 - Revisie: 1