Note: FRx Report Manager is installed with the local client and network client Microsoft FRx installations. FRx Report Manager comes with a 30 trial period, after which requires a license for continued use.
Note: FRx Report Manager is dependent on FRx Report Designer. The installation program will not install FRx Report Manager onto a computer that does not already have FRx Report Designer installed. FRx Report Manager requires the ability to access the SysData directory that FRx Designer is accessing.
Microsoft FRx directory on local workstations with a shared Sysdata (Local Client with shared Sysdata directory):
The local client with a shared SysData directory is described as a workstation that launches the Microsoft FRx executable from the workstation and retrieves company information, specification sets, and security from a shared location on a server.
Microsoft FRx directory on local workstation (Stand alone):
The stand alone installation is described as a workstation that has Microsoft FRx executables installed on it. The company information, specification sets, and security are also located locally.
- Insert the Microsoft FRx installation CD into the CD-ROM drive of the computer.
The installation program starts automatically.
- In the Welcome to the Microsoft FRx Installation Browser dialog box, click Install FRx.
- If your installation CD contains multiple language options for the installation, in the Choose Setup Language dialog box, select the appropriate language from the list, and then click Next.
- In the Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for FRx 6.7 dialog box, click Next.
- In the License Agreement dialog box, scroll through and read the license agreement, and then click Yes to accept the terms of the agreement.
Note: If you do not accept the terms of the agreement, click No to exit the installation program. Contact your reseller to negotiate a license agreement that meets your needs.
- In the Installation Options dialog box, click Custom, and then click Next.
- In the Product Level: Enterprise dialog box, select the FRx Report Manager check box, and then click Next.
Note: The options listed in this dialog box vary, depending on the product level that you purchased.
- In the Choose Destination Location dialog box, do one of the following:
- Click Next to accept the default file location for the FRx Report Manager files.
- To select a different folder for the FRx Report Manager files, click Browse, browse to the appropriate location, and then click Next.
Note: The default location for the FRx Report Manager files is C:\Program Files\FRx Software\Microsoft FRx 6.7\Report Manager. If you are using a shared folder, see 9832 Naming Conventions for Shared Directories for more information.
- If you entered a UNC name in the Choose Destination Location dialog box, in the Question dialog box, select the appropriate option.
- If you click Yes, the installation program modifies the settings on the local computer, which includes adding the report server (the server on which FRx Report Manager is installed) as a†trusted sit in the Trusted Sites zone. This means FRx Report Manager will work remotely through a networked path.
- If you click No, no settings are modified and FRx Report Manager will not work remotely through a networked path. All other FRx components will function normally.
- In the Select Program Folder dialog box, do one of the following:
- Click Next to accept the default name for the Microsoft FRx program folder.
- To change the setup to a different program folder name, type a new name in the Program Folder box, and then click Next.
Note: The default program folder name is FRx 6.7.
- Review the installation settings in the Start Copying Files dialog box, and then do one of the following:
- Click Next to accept the settings for FRx Report Manager and begin the installation.
- If you need to change any settings, click Back, and then make the necessary modifications.
Note: The Start Copying Files dialog box lists the type of installation that you selected, the components to install, file locations, and the program folder name.
- If any installation errors occur, review the messages in the Setup Status dialog box, and then click OK.
Note: For more information about how to use the log file that is mentioned in the Setup Status dialog box, see 9847 How To Read The Install Assist Log File.
- In the InstallShield Wizard Complete dialog box, the following options are available:
- Yes, I want to view the Help Documentation check box-Select to view the Readme file, System Requirements and Installation Guidelines, and Microsoft® FRx® Report Designer Getting Started Guide.
- Create FRx shortcuts on the Desktop check box-Select to create shortcuts for the Microsoft FRx programs on your desktop.
- Click Finish to complete the installation process.
Artikel-id: 965108 - Laatst bijgewerkt: 21 sep. 2012 - Revisie: 1