- The following versions are supported when the databases are run on a 64-bit OS. However, running the program files on a 64-bit OS is not supported for these versions:
- Microsoft Dynamics SL 7.0
- Microsoft Dynamics SL 7.0 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- Microsoft Dynamics SL 7.0 Service Pack 2 (SP2)
- The following version is supported when the databases and program files are run on 64-bit OS. However, the databases and program files must be installed in the WOW64 folder for this version:
- Microsoft Dynamics SL 7.0 Feature Pack 1 (FP1)
- Microsoft Dynamics SL 2011
- Although Intel Itanium (IA-64) processors are 64-bit processors, these processors are not x64 compatible and are not supported.
- 64-bit: Refers to x64 compatible processors.
- WOW64: Refers to "Windows 32-bit On Windows 64-bit" emulation directories. This is where 32-bit DLL files are stored on a 64-bit Windows operating system.
- SYSTEM32: This is the directory where 64-bit DLL files are stored on a 64-bit Windows operating system.
- OS: Operating System (EX. Windows Server 2008)
Folders of interest
- C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ is the location for the operating system's 32-bit binaries. The Microsoft Dynamics SL Swimapi.dll file resides here.
- C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ is the location for the operating system's 64-bit binaries.
- C:\Program files (x86)\ is the location for 32-bit programs. The Microsoft Dynamics SL program files reside here.
- C:\Program files\ is the location for 64-bit programs.
InstallationBy default, when you install Microsoft Dynamics SL, the program is installed in the correct folders (Program files (x86) and SysWOW64). You do not have to perform any special steps.
Artikel-id: 967273 - Laatst bijgewerkt: 11 mei 2012 - Revisie: 1