Error message 1
Note Most LifeCam devices used on the latest operating systems do not require installation of LifeCam software.
To resolve this problem, follow the steps in this article in the order in which they are presented.
Note You must be logged on to your computer as an administrator or as a member of the Administrators group to successfully follow these steps.
Step 1: Verify Internet connectivityMake sure that you can successfully access other Web sites, such as www.msn.com or www.bing.com. If you cannot access other Web sites, your Internet connection may not be working correctly, and you might want to contact your Internet service provider for help.
If you can visit other sites, go to step 2.
Step 2: Set Microsoft Internet Explorer as the default browser
Start Internet Explorer.
- On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
- In the Internet Options dialog box, click to select Make Default on the Programs tab, and then click OK.
- Restart Internet Explorer.
- Click Yes if you are prompted with the following message:
- Exit Internet Explorer.
Note You must complete these steps to install the software. After the install is complete, you can switch back to a different default browser if you prefer.
Step 3: Adjust your Internet security levelTo adjust your security settings in Windows Internet Explorer, follow these steps:
- Start Internet Explorer. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
- On the Security tab, click Default Level.
- Under Security level for this zone, move the slider bar to Medium, and then click Apply.
- On the Privacy tab, move the slider bar to Medium.
- Click OK.
- Again try to install the software.
Step 4: Update the Trusted Sites listTo add the Windows Update Web site and the Microsoft Update Web site to the Trusted Sites list, follow these steps:
- Start Internet Explorer.
- On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.Note If you use Windows Internet Explorer 7 and the menu bar is not displayed, press the ALT key on your keyboard to access the menu bar.
- On the Security tab, click Trusted Sites.
- Click Sites, and then click to clear the Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone check box.
- In the Add this Web site to the zone box, type the following addresses. Click Add after you type each address:
- Click OK two times.
- Again try to install the software.
Step 5: Disable software accelerator programsDisable any software accelerator programs that may be running. Examples of these programs are file download accelerators and Internet speed accelerators.
If you do not have such programs installed, go to step 5.
Step 6: Temporarily disable firewall or antivirus programsWarning This workaround may make a computer or a network more vulnerable to attack by malicious users or by malicious software such as viruses. We do not recommend this workaround but are providing this information so that you can implement this workaround at your own discretion. Use this workaround at your own risk.
The software may have problems connecting to Internet servers if you are using antivirus software or a firewall program. For example, firewall products such as Zone Alarm, MacAfee Personal Firewall, Norton Internet Security, and Black Ice Defender may block access to the Internet by other individual programs.
To determine whether the problem is occurring because of antivirus or firewall software, temporarily disable the antivirus or firewall software. Icons for these programs may appear in the notification area in the lower-right corner of your screen. To disable the program, right-click the icon, and then click Disable or Exit. (For more help, contact the program vendor.)
Important Remember to turn on the software after you try to install the LifeCam software.
Step 7: Install the Microsoft .NET FrameworkIf the problem continues to occur, install the latest version of the .NET Framework. To this, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Step 8: Download and install the latest Windows Service Pack
- Check the service pack version that is installed on the computer. To do this, click Start or click the Vista icon, right-click My Computer or Computer, and then select Properties. On the General tab, view the System section, where the service pack version number is displayed.
- Download the latest Windows service pack. For information, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Artikel-id: 973297 - Laatst bijgewerkt: 28 sep. 2011 - Revisie: 1