- Determine the current service pack level of the guest operating system. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
- Click the General tab, and then under System, note the service pack level.
- If your Windows XP media has the current service pack included, go to step 2a. If your Windows XP media does not have the current service pack included, go to step 2b.
- Insert your Windows XP media into the CD or DVD drive. When the Integration Component installation prompts you to provide the location of the Usbhub.sys system file, provide the drive letter for the CD or DVD drive.
- Download the appropriate service pack. To download Windows XP service packs, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- Use a compression utility, such as WinZip, to extract the service pack to a folder.
- When you are prompted to provide the location of the Usbhub.sys system file, provide the path of the service pack that you extracted. A sample path resembles the following: C:\My_Extracted_SP\i386
- After the installation is complete, restart the guest operating system.
Artikel-id: 977285 - Laatst bijgewerkt: 21 mrt. 2013 - Revisie: 1