The console must be connected to the ADSL gateway device by using an Ethernet cable. This connection resembles the primary set-top box connection. A wireless connection through the Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter is not supported. The ADSL gateway device provides the routed connection. In this scenario, the Xbox 360 console requires only factory default settings.
To verify recommended Xbox 360 console settings, follow these steps:
- Turn on the Xbox 360 console.
- By using your controller, select the settings channel, select System, and then select Network Settings.
- Select Wired Network.
- Select Configure Network.
- On the Basic Settings tab, make sure that the following are set to Automatic:
- IP Settings
- DNS Settings
- On the Additional Settings tab, make sure that the following are set to Not set:
- PPPoE Settings
- Advanced Settings
- After the settings are verified, press B on your controller.
- Select Test Xbox LIVE Connection.
- When you are prompted that the testing of your connection will sign everyone out, select Yes.
- The console will run through a connection test. If connection test is successful, the Network Status section displays the following:
- Network: Connected
- Internet: Connected
- Xbox LIVE: Connected
If the connection test continues to fail, follow these steps:
- Check whether you can watch television content through the primary set-top box.
- Check whether you can access the Internet on the computer by using a browser such as Internet Explorer.
Artikel-id: 978195 - Laatst bijgewerkt: 14 feb. 2017 - Revisie: 1