- Windows 7
- Windows Vista sp1
- Windows XP Sp3
- Windows Server 2003 Sp2
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista Sp1
- Windows Server 2008
- The operating system on which you are trying to install Office 2010 does not meet the system requirements for the product. For example, you are trying to install Office 2010 on a Windows XP-based computer that does not have Windows XP Service Pack 3 installed.
- The Office 2010 Setup program (Setup.exe) is configured to run in compatibility mode. That is, the Setup program is set to run under a particular operating system, such as Microsoft Windows 95.
Fix it for meTo fix this problem automatically, click the Fix it button or link. In the File Download dialog box, click Run and then follow the steps in the Fix it Wizard.
- This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
- If you are not on the computer that has the problem, save the Fix it solution to a flash drive or a CD and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
Let me fix it myselfFollow the two methods provided to resolve your problem:
Method 1: Verify Office 2010 system requirementsAll Microsoft Office 2010 editions have these operating system requirements:
|Operating System||Minimum Required Version||Architecture|
|Windows XP||Windows XP with Service Pack 3||32-bit|
|Windows Vista||Windows Vista with Service Pack 1||32-bit or 64-bit|
|Windows Server 2003||Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 2||32-bit or 64-bit|
|Windows Server 2008||Windows Server 2008||32-bit or 64-bit|
|Windows 7||Windows 7||32-bit or 64-bit|
Check your computer and determine if you are running one of these minimal required versions of the operating system. If you are not sure how to check the version of Windows installed on your computer, follow these steps:
- Click Start, type msinfo32 in the Start Search or Search programs and files, then press ENTER.
- Locate your operating system next to the OS Name line and your architecture type next to the System Type line.
If the operating system on your computer does not meet the minimum system requirements you will need to update it. The preferred method to update your computer is through automatic updates. However, you can also obtain service pack updates by clicking on one of the following links:
Download Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (32-bit) now
Download Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (64-bit) now
Download Windows 2003 Service Pack 2 (32-bit) now
Download Windows 2003 Service Pack 2 (64-bit) now
If you meet the minimum system requirements, visit the following TechNet webpage to make sure you meet the minimum hardware requirements:
Method 2: Turn off compatibility modeTo resolve this issue, you must disable compatibility mode before you try to install Office 2010. To do this, follow these steps:
- Right-click the Office 2010 Setup.exe file.
- Click Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab.
- Click to clear the Run this program in compatibility mode for check box.
- Click Apply, and then click OK.
- Double-click Setup.exe to install Office 2010.
Artikel-id: 2267642 - Laatst bijgewerkt: 16 jul. 2013 - Revisie: 1