Additionally, the GDR update includes cumulative compatibility fixes that are described in the "More Information" section.
- You can run an automated test for the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5-based Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) controls on a computer that is running Windows 8.
- You can run an automated test for 64-bit (x64) Internet Explorer 10 on a computer that is running Windows 8.
This GDR update also fixes the following issues in Visual Studio 2010.
You may encounter one of the following issues in Visual Studio 2010:
- You cannot open a code coverage file (.coverage) that is created by Visual Studio 2012 in Visual Studio 2010.
- You cannot open a code coverage file (.coverage) that is generated as part of TFS 2012 build results in Visual Studio 2010.
- After you install this update, you can open Visual Studio 2012 code coverage files (.coverage) in Visual Studio 2010.
- A code coverage file (.coverage) that is created by Visual Studio 2012 is in a new format that is not dependent on instrumented binaries or program database (PDB) files. This new format cannot be processed by Visual Studio 2010.
Consider the following scenario:
- There is a test artifact that is assigned to an invalid user in TFS 2010. For example, a user has left the company, but still has a test case that is assigned to him.
- You upgrade TFS 2010 to TFS 2012.
- You use Microsoft Test Manager (MTM) 2010 to connect to the upgraded TFS server.
When you run a load test together with a network type other than the local area network (LAN) profile on a computer this is running Windows 8, the network emulator driver causes the operating system to crash.
- The network mix can be specified in the Load Test wizard. You can add network profiles to the network mix.
- The LAN profile does not use the network emulator. However, the other network profiles use the network emulator for simulation purposes.
Update informationA supported hotfix is now available from Microsoft. However, it is intended to correct only the problem that this article describes. Apply it only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
To resolve this problem, contact Microsoft Customer Support Services to obtain the hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Support Services telephone numbers and information about support costs, visit the following Microsoft website:Note In special cases, charges that are ordinarily incurred for support calls may be canceled if a Microsoft Support Professional determines that a specific update will resolve your problem. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for the specific update in question.
Download the package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
PrerequisitesTo apply this hotfix, you must have Visual Studio 2010 SP1 installed.
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer after you install the hotfix if the affected files are not being used during the installation. We recommend that you close all Visual Studio 2010-related components before you install the hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace any other hotfix.
Artikel-id: 2736182 - Laatst bijgewerkt: 18 mrt. 2013 - Revisie: 1