A new Surface device comes with a limited warranty on hardware and covered accessories. It also includes a short period of technical support. The length of the warranty may vary by country depending on whether it is bundled or standalone. The product warranty stays with the product serial number and is transferable.Warranty Basics
Covered accessories include the following:
· Surface power supply cord
The coverage of the warranty includes:
· Defective battery or the original rechargeable unit that was supplied by the manufacturer at the time of purchase.
· Defective buttons or connectivity ports that impact the functionality of the Surface device.
· All inbox accessories.
· Stand–alone accessories.
· Three year warranty on a Wedge mouse in alignment with the PCWH warranty.
· Serialized accessories including Touch and Type Covers as long as they are returned to get them replaced.
The following are not included in the warranty:
· Customer induced damage, tamper, unauthorized repair and cracked screens.
· Severe physical and liquid damage.
The return process will be explained to the customer at the time of the service order creation. And, the accessory replacement process may change periodically at Microsoft’s discretion.Additional Support and Information
· Surface Business Support
· Check Warranty Status
· Warranty Support for Professional and Premier Customers
· ADR Returns and Warranty Training