For additional details, see the release notes.
- Migration from Microsoft Azure StorSimple 5000-7000 series to StorSimple 8000 series devices. This release introduces the new migration feature that allows the StorSimple 5000-7000 series appliance users to migrate data to StorSimple 8000 series physical appliance or a 1100 virtual appliance. The migration feature has two key value propositions:
- Business continuity by enabling migration of existing data on StorSimple 5000-7000 series appliances to the 8000 series appliances.
- Improved feature offerings of the StorSimple 8000 series appliances such as the following:
- efficient centralized management of multiple appliances through StorSimple Manager service
- better class of hardware and updated firmware
- virtual appliances
- data mobility
- features in the future roadmap
- Availability in Azure Government Portal. StorSimple is now available in the Azure Government portal.
- Support for other cloud service providers. Other cloud service providers that are supported are Amazon S3, Amazon S3 with RRS, HP and OpenStack (beta).
- Update to latest Storage API. With this release, StorSimple is updated to the latest Azure Storage API. StorSimple 8000 series devices running GA are using versions of the Azure Storage Service APIs older than February 12, 2012. As per the announcement on removal of Storage Serviceversion, by December 10, 2015, these APIs will be deprecated. This release contains the update to the latest version of the Storage service APIs. Make sure that the customers apply the StorSimple 8000 Series Update 1.0 before December 9, 2015. If they cannot do so, StorSimple devices will stop functioning correctly.
- Support for Zone Redundant Storage (ZRS). With the upgrade to the latest version of the Storage API, 8000 series will also support Zone Redundant Storage (ZRS) in addition to Locally Redundant Storage (LRS) and Geo-redundant Storage (GRS). Refer to blog post for additional details.
- Enhanced initial deployment and update experience. In this release, the installation and update experiences are enhanced. The initial installation through the setup wizard now performs in-place network validations. Additional cmdlets are provided to aid the user with troubleshooting networking and initial deployment of the device. The update process now incorporates pre-checks for controller, hardware component health, DATA 0 connectivity, and network connectivity within and outside the data center network.
How to obtain this update
Microsoft UpdateThis update is available from Microsoft Update.
Update detail information
PrerequisitesStorSimple 8100 and 8600 devices with update 0.1, 0.2, or 0.3 are eligible for this update.
Registry informationTo apply this update, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace a previously released update.
Artikel-id: 3042971 - Laatst bijgewerkt: 10 sep. 2015 - Revisie: 1