- The file appears to download, but the file compression program that you use (for example, WinZip) opens and displays a blank window.
When you search for the file, you are unable to locate it. The file does not exist on your hard disk.
- If you are running Microsoft Windows XP, and you use the Compressed (zipped) Folders feature as your file compression program, you receive the following error message:The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or corrupted.
- Case 1: You are using Microsoft Windows XP, and the Confirm open after download check box is not selected. -or-
- Case 2: The Uniform Resource Locator (URL) to which the hyperlink points uses an Active Server Pages (ASP) or Common Gateway Interface (CGI) file.
You click Open or Open this file from its current location in the File Download dialog box.
For case 1:
Before you download, make sure that the Confirm open after download option is selected. To verify this:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Folder Options.
- Click the File Types tab.
- Scroll down to and click the .zip extension.
- Click Advanced.
- Verify that Confirm open after download is selected.
- Click the hyperlink, and then click Save or Save this file to disk in the File Download dialog box that appears.
- In the Save As dialog box, specify a location to save the file to (for example, Desktop), and then click Save.
- When the download is finished, open the .zip file, and then extract the files that are contained in it.
Artikel-id: 308090 - Laatst bijgewerkt: 23 okt. 2008 - Revisie: 1