New features introduced in Microsoft Social Engagement 2016 Update 1.2
Update 1.2 introduces the following features:
- Add photos when replying to a post
A picture tells more than thousand words. When you reply to a post on Twitter or Facebook from within Social Engagement, you can now add photos to your replies.
- View details about Twitter profiles in Social Engagement
Social profiles are vital for the success of your social strategy. To allow a quick way to get profiles updated, added, or shared, we moved it to its own page in the Settings area.
- Search Setup available on all devices
We’ve added support for all devices to the Search Setup area. You can now not only check how your search topics are configured and what type of rules they contain, but also create searches or edit them while you’re on the go.
- Improvements to user experience
When you review the organization of you search topics in the category list, the search rules in a search topic are now represented with the corresponding icons.Additionally, we refined the post list layout. The post list in Analytics and the wide view of streams now separate information about the author from the post's content for improved readability.
- New and improved functionality on widgets
The Sources widget now comes with a full-screen view to show the entire list of sources and their number of posts. The Sources History widget now comes with an improved highlighting of data points, to more conveniently view the values of the data. Authors by Source not only shows the five most active sources, but also summarizes how many authors posted in the other sources.
Issues that are resolved in Microsoft Social Engagement 2016 Update 1.2In addition to the new features, Update 1.2 addresses the following issues:
- Fixed issue where pre-defined categories couldn’t be deleted in Search Setup by the user. Administrators can now delete all search topic categories given the category doesn’t contain any search topics.
- Improved latency and loading experience of streams on first use of Social Center within a browser session.
- Improved layout and reflow behavior of post list and post details.
- Improved loading behavior and latency when selecting "Load more posts" in a post list (Analytics & Social Center).
- Fixed an issue with inconsistent mapping of publishing dates when Daylight Saving Time applies to a user’s location. All posts are now correctly mapped to the correct publishing date.
- Improved layout of "No data available" message on Analytics > Sentiment when a language is selected that doesn’t support sentiment analysis.
- Fixed an issue when selecting a custom source rule containing a deleted custom source. Search rules can now be opened without any error message displayed.
- Fixed an issues with incorrect drill-down behavior when clicking a custom sources author in the Author by Source widget on Analytics > Sources.
- Fixed an issue on the Authors widget in Analytics > Overview where the wrong error message was displayed when no matching post are found.
- Improved layout of Author Details widget in full view by reducing empty space on the lower end of the screen.
- Improved feedback message when checking the relationships on Twitter in Author Details if no posts where published within the last 30 days.
- Fixed issue with automatic scrolling to the top, when expanding a search topic category in Alert Details.
- Improved consistency and readability of dark theme by adjusting hover-states colors.
- Adjusted styling and color of notifications in Search Setup.
- Optimized the First Things First dialog to support iPad mini devices with optimized layout.
- Optimized scrolling behavior of Location Insights widget when using Surface devices.
- Fixed issue with buttons overlapping a feedback message on Windows Phone devices when working in Settings > Global Settings > Default Preferences.
- Adjusted styling of buttons in Settings > Global Settings > Sentiment.
- Fixed an issue with truncated tool-tips when a user provided exceptionally long URLs on Settings >Global Settings > Privacy Statement.
- Fixed issues with truncated buttons on mobile devices on Settings > Global Settings > Privacy Statement.
- Fixed localization issues in Settings for Russian UI language.
- Improved user-experience on Settings > Location Groups when searching for locations within a group. The group itself is not displayed as result anymore.
Artikel-id: 3137603 - Laatst bijgewerkt: 29 jan. 2016 - Revisie: 1