- You connect to a server that runs Visual Studio 2005 Team Foundation Server (TFS) Service Pack 1 (SP1) or Visual Studio 2008 TFS SP1 from Team Explorer 2005 SP1.
- You click the Links Tab in a work item and then click the Add button.
- You select the Hyperlink link type and then type a link that contains more than 255 characters in the Address field.
In this scenario, you notice that the link is truncated after 255 characters.
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is now available from Microsoft. However, it is intended to correct only the problem that this article describes. Apply it only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
To resolve this problem, contact Microsoft Customer Support Services to obtain the hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Support Services telephone numbers and information about support costs, visit the following Microsoft Web site:Note In special cases, charges that are ordinarily incurred for support calls may be canceled if a Microsoft Support Professional determines that a specific update will resolve your problem. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for the specific update in question.
PrerequisitesYou must have Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Explorer SP1 installed to apply this hotfix.
- If you connect to a Visual Studio 2005 TFS SP1 server, you must install the hotfix both in the server side and the client side.
- If you connect to a Visual Studio 2008 TFS SP1 server, you only need to install the hotfix in the client side.
You do not have to restart the computer after you apply the hotfix if no instance of Visual Studio is being used.
Hotfix replacement information
This hotfix does not replace any other hotfixes.
The English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the
tab in the
Date and Time
item in Control Panel.
Artikel-id: 977778 - Laatst bijgewerkt: 19 aug. 2011 - Revisie: 1