Error message when you start the SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services Configuration Manager: "Invalid namespace"
On a computer that is running Windows Vista, you install a default instance of Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 or a later version of SQL Server 2005. On the same computer, you install a named instance of Microsoft SQL Server 2008. For example, you install an instance that is named "SQL2008."
In this scenario, you may receive an error message that resembles the following when you start the SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services Configuration Manager:
No report servers were found. Details: Invalid namespace
This problem occurs if the SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services Configuration Manager points to the SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services instance, and it cannot find the SQL Server 2008 instance.
To resolve this problem, use one of the following methods.
Method 1: Install the Cumulative update package 1 for SQL Server 2008For more information about how to install the Cumulative update package 1 for SQL Server 2008, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
956717 Cumulative update package 1 for SQL Server 2008
Method 2: Add a WMI namespaceAdd a WMI namespace that corresponds to the namespace that the SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services Configuration Manager tool is trying to use. To do this, follow these steps:
Note This procedure refers to a sample instance that is named "SQL2008."
- Locate the Reportingservices.mof file for the SQL Reporting Services 2008 instance that is named "SQL2008." By default, this file is located in the following folder: C:\Progam Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10.SQL2008\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin
- Save or copy the Reportingservices.mof to a file that has a unique name, such as Reportingservicesalt.mof.
- Open Reportingservicealt.moffile by using a text editor, such as Notepad.
- On the Edit menu, click Replace.
- In the Find what area, type the changed instance name, such as RS_SQL2008.
- In the Replace with area, type the unmodified instance name, such as SQL2008.
- Click Replace All.
- Save the file, and then exit Notepad.
- Open a command prompt, and then move to the same folder that you used in step 1.
- Type mofcomp reportingservicesalt.mof, and then press ENTER.
Note If the reporting services instance name contains an underscore (_), a dollar sign ($) or a number sign (#), you have to use method 1. Or you have to reinstall the instance.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Artikel-id: 960374 - Laatst bijgewerkt: 12/01/2008 17:53:55 - Revisie: 1.0
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Workgroup, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Enterprise, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Developer, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Standard, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services
- kbexpertiseadvanced kberrmsg kbtshoot kbsurveynew kbprb KB960374