Project 2003 Solution Center
Troubleshooting - Project 2003
- An icon for an object is replaced with text when you select the object in the "Insert Object" dialog box in Visio
Describes a behavior that occurs with 32-bit icons in Visio 2007 and in Visio 2003.
- Edits to summary task actual work reflected in subtasks in Project
In Microsoft Project, when you edit Actual Work or % Work Complete on a Summary task, Work and Actual Work will be distributed not only to all the Subtasks that have resources assigned, but also to the Subtasks that do not have resources assigned.
- Task scheduled for nonworking time created as milestone
In Microsoft Project, if you create a task by dragging on the Calendar or the Gantt Chart , and you start dragging on a nonworking day and stop dragging on a nonworking day, the task is created as a milestone.
- PRJ2000: #ERROR Value in a Cell
In Microsoft Project, in the table portion of a task, resource or usage view, you may see an #ERROR value in one or more cells.
- Letters cut off when printing attached text on Gantt Chart in Project
Text that is attached to Gantt bars can lose a letter if the attached text is cut off by the page boundary and it continues to the next page. NOTE : The truncation also affects the timescale labels on the Gantt Chart , Resource Usage view, and Resource...
- Can't open Global.mpt by double-clicking it
When you double-click the Global.mpt file, you receive the following error message:
- Actual cost value added to total cost
In Microsoft Project, when you enter a new value in the Actual Cost field, this value may be added to the total Cost.
- File size increases greatly when you insert a picture into a Project plan
When you insert a picture into a Microsoft Project task, into a Microsoft Project resource, or into a Microsoft Project assignment note and then you save your Microsoft Project plan, the size of your Microsoft Project file may increase more than you...
- "Cannot save to Global.mpt" when exiting Microsoft Project
When you exit Microsoft Project while the Global.mpt template is opened as read-only, you receive the following error message:
- Tasks are not scheduled as expected in Microsoft Project
This article describes why a task may not be scheduled as expected in Microsoft Project and offers suggestions for correcting the behavior.
- Error message when macro assigns material resource to a task: "Run-Time Error 1101. The argument value is not valid"
In Microsoft Project, when you run a Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications macro that assigns a material resource, you may receive the following error message:
- Progress bars not drawn for tasks that are in progress in Project
In Microsoft Project, in a Gantt Chart view, task progress bars may not be displayed when there is progress on a task.
- Circular Relationship Error When Indenting Task
In Microsoft Project, if two tasks are linked in a predecessor/successor relationship and you indent the successor to make it a subtask and the predecessor of a summary task, you may receive the following error message:
- Column data may be truncated in sheet view in Project
Describes a behavior in Microsoft Project in which data may be truncated when you enter more than 255 characters in a column in sheet view.
- How to troubleshoot general printing problems in Windows 2000 when you are using Office products
Describes how to troubleshoot printing problems in Windows 2000 when you are using Office 2003 products.
- Error message when you try to validate Office by using Office Genuine Advantage: "No Office Products Detected" or "Error code: 0x80180109"
Describes an issue where you receive a "No Office Products Detected" or "Error code: 0x80180109" error message when you try to validate Office 2007, Office 2003 or Office XP by using Office Genuine Advantage. Provides a resolution.
- Error message when you use Office Genuine Advantage to validate Office: "Incorrect Time Settings" or "Error code: 0x8018110"
Describes an issue where you receive a "Incorrect Time Settings" or "Error code: 0x8018110" error message when you use Office Genuine Advantage to validate Office 2007, Office 2003 or Office XP. Provides a resolution.
- Error message when you try to validate Office by using Office Genuine Advantage: "Why didn't my computer complete validation" or "Error code: 0x8018111"
Describes an issue in which you receive a "Why didn't my computer complete validation" or "Error code: 0x8018111" error message when you try to validate Office 2007, Office 2003 or Office XP by using Office Genuine Advantage. Provides a resolution.
- Description of the Microsoft Office Project 2003 Update: March 23, 2004
Microsoft has released an update to Microsoft Office Project 2003. This update fixes a problem where you cannot remove an indent of a task after the task becomes part of a summary in Microsoft Office Project Standard 2003. Additionally, this update...
- Description of the updates for Office 2003: March 14, 2006
Microsoft has released updates to the spelling checker for Microsoft Office 2003. These updates improve how Office 2003 programs find and correct errors in Dutch language documents.
- MS11-073: Description of the security update for Office 2003: September 13, 2011
Resolves security vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office 2003 that could allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified file is opened.
- All task-level enterprise outline codes are collapsed when you use Project Data Service to add a new outline code in Project 2003
Fixes an issue that occurs when all levels of the outlined code are expanded in an Enterprise Task Outline Code, but the levels are collapsed if you use Project Data Service to add a new Enterprise Task Outline Code.
- Error message when you use an .odc file to connect to a specific table in a mail merge data source in a 2007 Office program or in Office 2003: "Record 'number' contained too few data fields"
Describes a problem where you receive an error message when you try to use a .odc file to connect to a specific table in a mail merge data source in a 2007 Office program or in Office 2003. Provides a hotfix.
- Pasting Microsoft Project tables into Microsoft Word
When you copy information from a Microsoft Project table (task sheet, resource sheet, and so on) and paste this information to the Clipboard, it is formatted in tab-delimited columns. While you can paste this information into a spreadsheet and have it...
- PRJ: Setting Task to 0% or 100% Complete Updates Resource Status
When you set a task to 0% or 100% complete, the actual work will be set to 0 hours (0h) or the total amount of work, even though you cleared the "Updating task status updates resource status" check box on the Calculation tab in the Options dialog box....