- You have Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 PowerPivot for Microsoft Office Excel 2010 installed on a computer.
- You open an .xla or.xlam add-in file in Excel 2010, and then you click PowerPivot Window on the PowerPivot Tab.
Additionally, you receive an error message that resembles the following if the Show add-in user interface errors check box is selected:
Thrown exception of type System.NullReferenceException with message: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.FieldList.EntryPoint.CreateNewClientWindow(Workbook wb)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.FieldList.GeminRibbon.HandleLoadConnection(Workbook activeWorkbook, Boolean hideClientWindow)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.FieldList.GeminRibbon.btnDataModel_Click(Object sender, RibbonControlEventArgs e)
For more information about how to select the Show add-in user interface errors check box, visit the following MSDN website:
Cumulative update information
SQL Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1The fix for this issue was first released in Cumulative Update 1 for SQL Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1. For more information about how to obtain this cumulative update package, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
SQL Server 2008 R2The fix for this issue was first released in Cumulative Update 5. For more information about how to obtain this cumulative update package for SQL Server 2008 R2, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- <drive>:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\Xlstart
- <drive>:\Documents and Settings\<User_name>\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART
- The folder that is specified in the At startup, open all files in text box
- <drive> is a placeholder that represents the system drive.
- <User_name> is a placeholder that represents the logon user name.
Identyfikator artykułu: 2521127 — ostatni przegląd: 26.08.2011 — zmiana: 1