- The issues that the update rollup resolves
- How to obtain the update rollup
- The prerequisites to install the update rollup
Issues that the update rollup resolves
Update Rollup 3 for Exchange Server 2010 SP1 resolves the issues that are described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles:
- 2506998 A call is disconnected when transferring the call from the main auto attendant to an auto attendant that has a different language configured in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2497682 The store.exe process crashes when you try to unmount an active copy of a mailbox database that is hosted by a mailbox server in an Exchange Server 2010 SP1 environment
- 2497669 A meeting request cannot be opened after you disable the "Display sender's name on messages" option in the EMC on an Exchange Server 2010 server
- 2494798 Certain email messages cannot be downloaded when you log on to an Exchange Server 2010 mailbox by using an IMAP4 client application
- 2494389 Unnecessary events are logged in the Application log when you run the "Test-EcpConnectivity" cmdlet in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2489822 "The Mailbox you are trying to access isn't currently available" error when you use OWA Premium to try to delete an item that is in a shared mailbox
- 2489713 Exchange Server 2010 SP1 supports the remote archive feature after an update changes Outlook cookies name
- 2489602 The "Get-FederationInformation" cmdlet cannot query federation information from an external Exchange organization in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2487852 "You do not have sufficient permissions. This operation can only be performed by a manager of the group." error message when you try to change the "ManagedBy" attribute in an Exchange Server 2010 SP1 environment
- 2487501 The body of an email message is empty when you try to use an IMAP client application to read it in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2484862 You cannot read an email message by using an IMAP client in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2482471 A content search fails in an IMAP client application that connects to an Exchange Server 2010 mailbox
- 2482103 It takes a long time to expand a distribution list by using EWS in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2482100 You cannot create or update an inbox rule that specifies the "NoResponseNecessary" value by using EWS in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2481283 Various issues occur after you use Outlook to sign and then forward an email message in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2479875 The Microsoft Exchange Mailbox Replication Service service crashes when you run the "New-MailboxImportRequest" cmdlet to import a .pst file into a mailbox in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2479227 A forwarding rule does not function and the EdgeTransport.exe process crashes on an Exchange Server 2010 server
- 2476973 Event ID 2168 is logged when you try to back up Exchange data from a DAG in an Exchange Server 2010 SP1 environment
- 2469341 Various issues occur after you forward a signed email message by using Outlook in online mode in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2468514 OWA 2010 removes Calendar links that you add into multiple calendar groups by using Outlook 2010 calendar
- 2467565 You cannot install an update rollup for Exchange Server 2010 with a deployed GPO that defines a PowerShell execution policy for the server to be updated
- 2464564 You cannot change your password if the user name that you type in OWA is in UPN format when you enable Exchange Server 2010 SP1 Password Reset Tool
- 2463858 A request to join a distribution group does not contain the distribution group name in an Exchange Server 2010 SP1 environment
- 2463798 Users may experience a decrease in performance in Outlook or in OWA when you use IMAP4 to access the calendar folder in an Exchange Server 2010 SP1 environment
- 2458543 A memory leak occurs in the Exchange RPC Client Access service on Exchange Server 2010 servers
- 2458522 Entries disappear from a junk email blocked list or a junk email safe list after you install Exchange Server 2010 SP1
- 2457868 "HTTP Error 400 Bad Request" error message when you use OWA in Exchange Server 2010 SP1 to receive instant messages by using Internet Explorer 9
- 2457688 Error message when you try to add an external email address to the safe sender list in OWA in an Exchange Server 2010 SP1 environment
- 2457304 You receive a synchronization failed email message when you synchronize your mobile device by using ActiveSync on an Exchange Server 2010 mailbox
- 2451101 7BIT is not in quotation marks when you use the "FETCH (BODYSTRUCTURE)" command to request for a specific message in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2447629 Event ID 4999 is logged when the Exchange Mail Submission Service crashes intermittently on an Exchange Server 2010 Mailbox server
- 2445121 A memory leak occurs in the Microsoft.Exchange.Monitoring.exe process when you run the "Test-OwaConnectivity" cmdlet or the "Test-ActiveSyncConnectivity" cmdlet in the EMS on an Exchange Server 2010 server
- 2443688 Event ID 10003 and Event ID 4999 are logged when the EdgeTransport.exe process on an Exchange Server 2010 server crashes
- 2432494 You cannot view the mailbox database copies that are hosted on certain Mailbox servers by using the Exchange Management Console after you install Exchange Server 2010 SP1
- 2426952 You cannot remove a mailbox database copy from a database on an Exchange Server 2010 server
- 2424801 The Microsoft Exchange Service Host service on an Exchange Server 2010 server crashes
- 2423754 The recipient response status is incorrect after you add another user to an occurrence of a meeting request in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2417084 A public folder disappears from the Public Folder Favorites list of an Exchange Server 2010 mailbox
- 2398431 Using Pipelining in SMTP to check email addresses does not work correctly when you disable tarpitting functionality on a Receive connector in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2277649 You receive misleading information when you run the "New-TestCasConnectivityUser.ps1" script on an Exchange Server 2010 server
- 2009942 Folders take a long time to update when an Exchange Server 2010 user uses Outlook 2003 in online mode
- 2544011 The recipients in some email messages are missing after you run Scanpst.exe on a .pst file in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
To download and install Update Rollup 3 for Exchange Server 2010 SP1, visit the following Microsoft Update website: Note Microsoft Update does not detect Update rollups on Exchange Server 2010 Mailbox servers that are part of a database availability group (DAG).
To use this update rollup in the following scenarios, the update rollup is also available from the Microsoft Download Center:
- Deploy Update Rollup 3 for Exchange Server 2010 SP1 to multiple computers that are running Exchange Server 2010 SP1.
- Deploy Update Rollup 3 for Exchange Server 2010 SP1 to Mailbox servers that are part of a database availability group (DAG).
The file is available for download from the following Microsoft Download Center website: Note The release date for this update is April 6, 2011.
Update issue on computers that are not connected to the Internet
When you install this update rollup on a computer that is not connected to the Internet, you may experience long installation times. Additionally, you may receive the following message:
When the network requests look up the certificate revocation list for each assembly that native image generation (NGen) compiles to native code, each request must time out before the installation continues.
To resolve this issue, disable Check for publisher’s certificate revocation on the computer. To do this, follow these steps:
- In Internet Explorer, click Tools, click Internet Options, and then click the Advanced tab.
- Under the Security section, click to clear the Check for publisher's certificate revocation check box.
- Click OK.
We recommend that you clear this security option in Internet Explorer if the computer was in a tightly controlled environment. After you install this update, re-enable the Check for publisher’s certificate revocation security option.
Update issue on computers that have customized Outlook Web App files
Important Before you apply the update rollup, we recommend that you make a backup copy of any customized Outlook Web App files. For more information about how to customize Outlook Web App, visit the following Microsoft TechNet website:
Update issue for CAS Proxy Deployment Guidance customers who deploy CAS-CAS proxying
If you meet both of the following conditions, apply the update rollup on the Internet-facing Client Access servers before you apply the update rollup on the non-Internet-facing Client Access servers:
- You are a CAS Proxy Deployment Guidance customer.
- You have deployed CAS-CAS proxying.
Note For other Exchange Server 2010 configurations, you do not have to apply the update rollup on the servers in a certain order.
For more information about CAS-CAS proxying, visit the following Microsoft TechNet website:
To apply this update, you must have the Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1) installed.
Note Remove all interim updates for Exchange Server 2010 SP1 before you apply this update rollup.
The required services are automatically restarted when you apply this update rollup.
To remove Update Rollup 3 for Exchange Server 2010 SP1, use Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel to remove update 2529939.
For more information about terminology that Microsoft uses to describe software updates, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Identyfikator artykułu: 2529939 — ostatni przegląd: 25.05.2011 — zmiana: 1