- The issues that the update rollup resolves
- How to obtain the update rollup
- The prerequisites to install the update rollup
Issues that the update rollup resolvesUpdate Rollup 6 for Exchange Server 2010 SP1 resolves the issues that are described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles:
- 2431609 An update is available that updates the message of a retention policy in OWA for Exchange Server 2010
- 2449266 EWS drops the TCP connection to the EWS client application without any error message in a Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2480474 A Users do not receive quota warning messages after applying SP1 for Exchange 2010
- 2514820 An incoming fax message is not delivered to the recipient in an Exchange Server 2010 SP1 environment
- 2521927 Disabling the Exchange ActiveSync Integration feature for OWA does not take effect in OWA Premium clients in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2528854 The Microsoft Exchange Mailbox Replication service crashes on a computer that has Exchange Server 2010 SP1 installed
- 2535289 The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service crashes occasionally when you run an antivirus application on an Exchange Server 2010 Mailbox server
- 2536313 Slow message delivery and mailbox access for journaling mailboxes on an Exchange Server 2010 server
- 2544246 You receive a NRN of a meeting request 120 days later after the recipient accepted the request in an Exchange Server 2010 SP1 environment
- 2548246 The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service crashes occasionally when a folder view is corrupted on an Exchange Server 2010 mailbox server
- 2549183 "There are no objects to select" message when you try to use the EMC to specify a server to connect to in an Exchange Server 2010 SP1 environment
- 2549289 A RBAC role assignee can unexpectedly run the Add-MailboxPermission command or the Remove-MailboxPermission command on an Exchange Server 2010 server that is outside the role assignment scope
- 2555851 A mailbox does not appear in certain address lists after you run commands on the mailbox in an Exchange Server 2010 SP1 environment
- 2559814 A user cannot add or remove delegates from a mailbox by using Outlook in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2561514 Exchange Server 2003 user cannot view the free/busy information of a user in a different federated organization
- 2563860 You cannot create a new mailbox database if you already have 1000 mailbox databases in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2567409 Certain free/busy messages are not replicated from an Exchange Server 2010 server to an Exchange Server 2003 server
- 2571791 Retention policies are applied to Contact items unexpectedly in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2572052 Certain properties of a recurring meeting request from external email accounts are missing in an Exchange Server 2010 SP1 environment
- 2575005 You cannot start the EMC or the EMS in an Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1 environment
- 2578631 Certain users cannot send email messages to a mail-enabled public folder in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2579671 No results returned when you use the ExpandGroup method in EWS to retrieve a list of members of a Dynamic Distribution Group in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2582095 The SmtpMaxMessagesPerConnection property of a send connector is not replicated to the subscribed Edge Transport server in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2600835 The RPC Client Access service crashes when you delete an attachment of an item by using Outlook in online mode in an Exchange Server 2010 SP1 environment
- 2601701 The memory usage of the MSExchangeRepl.exe process keeps increasing when you perform a VSS backup on Exchange Server 2010 databases
- 2616127 "0x80041606" error code when you use Outlook in online mode to search for a keyword against a mailbox in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2617126 The Store.exe process crashes when you send an email message that has attachments in an Exchange Server 2010 SP1 environment
- 2627769 Some time zones in OWA are not synchronized with Windows in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
Update rollup information To download and install Update Rollup 6 for Exchange Server 2010 SP1, visit the following Microsoft Update website:
Note Microsoft Update does not detect update rollups on Exchange Server 2010 Mailbox servers that are part of a database availability group (DAG).
To use this update rollup in the following scenarios, the update rollup is also available from the Microsoft Download Center:
- Deploy Update Rollup 6 for Exchange Server 2010 SP1 to multiple computers that are running Exchange Server 2010 SP1.
- Deploy Update Rollup 6 for Exchange Server 2010 SP1 to Mailbox servers that are part of a DAG.
The file is available for download from the following Microsoft Download Center website:
Important information for customers who install the update on computers that are not connected to the Internet.
When you install this update rollup on a computer that is not connected to the Internet, you may experience long installation times. Additionally, you may receive the following message:
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- On the Tools menu in Windows Internet Explorer, , click Internet Options, and then click the Advanced tab.
- In the Security section, click to clear the Check for publisher's certificate revocation check box, and then click OK.
We recommend that you clear this security option in Internet Explorer only if the computer is in a tightly controlled environment. When setup is complete, click to select the Check for publisher’s certificate revocation check box again.
Update issue on computers that have customized Outlook Web App files
Important Before you apply the update rollup, we recommend that you make a backup copy of any customized Outlook Web App files. For more information about how to customize Outlook Web App, visit the following Microsoft website:
Update issue for CAS Proxy Deployment Guidance customers who deploy CAS-CAS proxying
If you meet both of the following conditions, apply the update rollup on the Internet-facing Client Access servers before you apply the update rollup on the non-Internet-facing Client Access servers:
- You are a CAS Proxy Deployment Guidance customer.
- You have deployed CAS-CAS proxying.
Note For other Exchange Server 2010 configurations, you do not have to apply the update rollup on the servers in a certain order.
For more information about CAS-CAS proxying, visit the following Microsoft website:
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must have the Exchange Server 2010 SP1 installed.
Note Remove all interim updates for Exchange Server 2010 SP1 before you apply this update rollup.
The required services are automatically restarted when you apply this update rollup.
Removal informationTo remove Update Rollup 6 for Exchange Server 2010 SP1, use Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel to remove update 2608646.
REFERENCESFor more information about terminology that Microsoft uses to describe software updates, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Identyfikator artykułu: 2608646 — ostatni przegląd: 08.11.2011 — zmiana: 1