Issues that this update package fixesThis update package fixes the following issues:
- 2711263 Delay when you try to add a member to a Group Chat room by using Office Communications Server 2007 R2, Group Chat Administrator Tool
- 2711265 A user cannot use a Group Chat client to connect to a Group Chat server in an Office Communications Server 2007 R2 environment that contains a resource forest and a trusted account forest
Update package informationThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the MgcServer.msp package now.
Release Date: September 2012
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must be running the following services:
- Office Communications Server 2007 R2, Group Chat Server - Lookup service / Channel service
- Office Communications Server 2007 R2, Group Chat Server Compliance Server - Compliance service
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this update package.
Replacement informationThis update replaces the following update:
Registry informationTo use one of the updates in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Update installation information
How to install this update on the Office Communications Server R2, Group Chat serverTo install this update on the Office Communications Server R2, Group Chat server, follow these steps:
- Make sure that the Office Communications Server 2007 R2, Group Chat features are installed, configured, and functioning correctly. The Office Communications Server 2007 R2, Group Chat servers include the Channel server, the Lookup server, and the Compliance server.
- Stop the currently running Channel service and Lookup service.
- Apply this update by running the MgcServer.msp package on all the computers that have the Group Chat server role installed.
- On the Group Chat server, open the Server Configuration tool. To do this, use one of the following methods:
- Click Start, click All Programs, and then click Server Config Tool under Administrative Tools.
- At a command prompt, type the following command, and then press Enter:<Drive letter>:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2\Group Chat Server\ServerConfigTool.exe
- Click Yes when you receive the following message:
Note You must shut down all Group Chat servers before you perform this operation. Then, the Server Configuration tool upgrades the existing Group Chat database schema. Additionally, the Server Configuration tool changes the server's configuration files to reflect these changes.
- Restart the Channel service and the Lookup service, and then restart the Compliance Server.
How to add a new server into an existing pool after you install this updateOnly the MSI update (.msp) files are released in the update package. The update package does not include a complete installer. After you have run this update on all Office Communications Server 2007 R2, Group Chat servers, follow these steps to add another Group Chat server to the existing pool:
- Set up the Office Communications Server 2007 R2, Group Chat server (Channel server and Lookup server) on a new database by using the same service accounts that the existing pool uses.
- Upgrade to the new Office Communications Server 2007 R2, Group Chat installation.
- Stop the Channel service and the Lookup service.
- Run the following command to reconfigure the new servers to point to the Group Chat database pool.<Drive letter>:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2\Group Chat Server\ServerConfigTool.exe /iNote All services start automatically after you reconfigure the servers.
Removal informationAfter you apply this update, it cannot be uninstalled. If you uninstall this update, the Channel service and the Lookup service will not start, and the following error will be logged in the event log:
Description : The Server is not compatible with the database at server=<yoursqlservername>;Database=<databasename>;Integrated Security=SSPI
File informationThis update may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This update contains only the files that you must have to resolve the issues that are listed in this article.
The global version of this update package uses a Microsoft Windows Installer package to install the update package. The dates and the times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) in the following table. When you view the file information, the date is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
Identyfikator artykułu: 2728998 — ostatni przegląd: 18.09.2012 — zmiana: 1