- Scenario 1: When you add a Site Mailbox app to a SharePoint Online subsite, you receive the following error message: The site mailbox couldn't be provisioned.
The Site Mailbox app hasn't been installed on the SharePoint site <URL for site>.
- Scenario 2: When you add a Site Mailbox app to a SharePoint Online site collection, you receive the following error: The site mailbox couldn't be provisioned.
SharePoint site <URL for site> couldn't be contacted because of the following the error: "WebException - Status:ProtocolError; Message: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found
Solution for scenario 1To remove the ampersand (&) from the URL name for the subsite, follow these steps:
- Browse to the subsite on which the issue exists.
- Click the gear icon for the Settings menu, and then click Site settings.
- In the Look and Feel section, click Title, description, and logo.
- In the Web Site Address section, remove the ampersand (&) from the URL name field, and then click OK.
- Return to the site mailbox.
Solution for scenario 2Create the site mailbox on a site collection whose URL doesn’t contains an ampersand (&). A site collection name that contains an ampersand in the URL does not support a site mailbox for that site.
Identyfikator artykułu: 3179180 — ostatni przegląd: 29.12.2016 — zmiana: 1