Error message 1
Error message 2
Error message 3
You may find it easier to follow the steps if you print this article first.
Step 1: Rebuild the Entourage database and create a new identityTo rebuild the Entourage database or to create a new identity, follow steps 1 through 4 in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
Step 2: Create a new Microsoft User Data folderThe first time that you open Entourage, a new "Microsoft User Data" folder is created in the Documents folder that is provided by the Mac operating system. The Microsoft User Data folder contains an Office 2008 Identities folder that stores the Entourage database for each identity.
To create a new Microsoft User Data folder, follow these steps:
- Exit all Office applications. (This includes Entourage and Office Reminders.)
- Locate and move the following Microsoft user data folder to your desktop, to an external hard disk, or to a network location: HD/Users/USER_NAME/Documents
- Start Entourage. A new Microsoft user data folder is automatically created. Additionally, a new IDENTITY_NAME folder is created in the following location: HD/Users/USER_NAME/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office 2008 Identities
- Exit Entourage.
- Locate the following folder, and then rename the database file with a new name: HD/Users/USER_NAME/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office 2008 Identities/IDENTITY_NAME
- Copy the database file from the IDENTITY_NAME folder that is contained in the Microsoft User Data folder that you copied in step 2 to the IDENTITY_NAME folder that was automatically created in step 3.
Step 3: Repair disk permissionsTo repair disk permissions, follow these steps:
- On the Finder menu, click Go and then select Home.
- Open the Applications folder.
- Open the Utilities folder.
- In the left column of the Disk Utility window, select your Macintosh HD.
- Click the First Aid tab.
- Click Repair Disk Permissions.
- After the repair process is complete, restart the computer.
Start Entourage and see whether the problem is resolved. If the problem is not resolved, go to the next step.
Step 4: Create a new user accountSometimes, a specific user's information can become corrupted. This problem can affect the installation or use of applications. To determine whether you have this problem, you can log on as a new user or create a new user account, and then test an application. For more information about how to create a new user account, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
If the previous steps did not resolve the issue, the Entourage database most likely is damaged beyond repair. If there are no backups available and there is no other source of the data (such as another computer or a handheld device), the lost data is not recoverable. In this case, you will have to start from scratch. To do this, drag the Office 2008/2004 Identity folder (only if there are no other identities) to the Trash, and then restart Entourage.
Identyfikator artykułu: 969291 — ostatni przegląd: 25.02.2011 — zmiana: 1