Redirection history is not included with the original recipient name on ORAR rerouting in Exchange Server 2003
- Server A, Server B, and Server C are located in three different Exchange organizations.
- Each organization is Defense Message System (DMS)-enabled.
- Server A is connected to Server B by an X.400 connector.
- Server B is connected to Server C by an X.400 connector.
- An e-mail message is sent from an Exchange Server 2003 mailbox that is located on Server A to an invalid Exchange Server 2003 recipient that is located on Server B.
- The message is forwarded to a valid alternative recipient that is located on Server C.
Service pack informationTo resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Exchange Server 2003. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesBecause of file dependencies, this hotfix requires that you install Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Service Pack 1.
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart your computer after you apply this hotfix. However, the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service and the IIS Admin service are automatically stopped and then restarted when you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix replaces the following software update: 871223.
File informationThe English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in coordinated universal time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Date Time Version Size File name -------------------------------------------------------------- 18-Aug-2004 02:26 6.5.7232.27 46,080 E2kdsn.dll 18-Aug-2004 03:06 6.5.7232.27 456,704 Phatcat.dll
- The address length padding is miscalculated when Exchange Server 2003 validates the PR_REDIRECTION_HISTORY property.
- A non-delivery report (NDR) is received by the message originator on Server A.
For additional information, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Identyfikator artykułu: 883938 — ostatni przegląd: 01/16/2015 01:35:29 — zmiana: 3.3
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbautohotfix kbqfe kbhotfixserver kbtransport kbexchange2003presp2fix kbfix kbbug KB883938