To restore mail that you received before you re-installed Windows, follow these steps:
- Copy the .dbx files from the Windows\Application Data\Identities\hexadecimal_string\Microsoft\Outlook Express folder to another temporary location.
Note When you copy the .dbx files, make sure that you include the Folders.dbx file. If you do not include this file, Outlook Express will not reconize the data when you try to import the data.
- Start Outlook Express, click Import on the File menu, and then click Messages to start the Import Wizard.
- In the Select Program dialog box, click Outlook Express as the e-mail program from which to import, and then click Next.
- In the next dialog box, click Import mail from an OE store directory, and then click OK.
- Locate the temporary location of the .dbx files, and then select the files that you want to import. Outlook Express should begin to import the old mail and to create or to populate folders.
ID do Artigo: 283205 - Última Revisão: 29 de jan de 2007 - Revisão: 1