Converting Files From Lotus Organizer
Converting data from versions of Lotus Organizer 6.0 or higherWhen you convert files from Lotus Organizer 6.0 or higher, the format that you use to export data from Organizer and import data into Outlook may very depending on the data type that you want to convert.
When you import Organizer 6.0 Contact data into Outlook, export the Organizer Contact data to vCard (.vcs) format and then import the vCard data into Outlook using the Outlook Import and Export Wizard.
When you import Organizer 6.0 To Do data into Outlook, export the Organizer To Do data to Text ASCII Delimited (.txt) format and then import the Text ASCII Delimited data into Outlook using the Import and Export Wizard.
To import organizer 6.0 To Do data into Outlook:
- Export the Organizer 6.0 To Do data to a file in Text ASCII Delimited (.txt) format.
- Open Outlook and click File, and then click Import and Export to start the Import and Export Wizard.
- Under Choose an action to perform, select Import from another program or file, and then click Next.
- Under Select file type to import from, select Tab Separated Values (Windows), and then click Next.
- Click the Browse button, navigate to the Organizer To Do file that was previously exported in Text ASCII Delimited (.txt) format, select the file by left-clicking the file, click OK, and then click Next.
- Under Select destination folder, select the destination folder in Outlook and then click Next.
- In the Following actions will be performed box, select the action that you want to be performed to confirm your selection and then click Map Custom Fields.
- In the Map Custom Fields dialog, drag the values from the source file on the left, and drop them on appropriate destination field on the right.
- once all required fields have been mapped click OK, and then click Finish.
Converting data from Lotus Organizer 2.0, 3.0, 4.0 or 5.0To import an Organizer file to Outlook, you must have the Organizer program installed on your computer. The Lotus Organizer Converters that come with Outlook are installed automatically during a typical Setup.
Three different Outlook converters are supplied for different versions of Organizer. One for version 97 (3.0), one for Version 4.0, and one for version 5.0. It is important that you choose the proper converter for the version of the file that is being converted.
The Outlook converters for Lotus Organizer versions 3.0, 4.0, and 5.0 do not support Lotus Organizer 2.0 files. Organizer 2.0 files can be exported as comma-delimited text files and imported into Outlook. In addition, you can use a product named IntelliSync for Microsoft Windows CE for direct-connect synchronization with a Windows CE based Handheld PC (H/PC) that uses Organizer 97 and another PC that uses Outlook.
To import Organizer 3.0, 4.0, or 5.0 files:
- On the File menu, click Import And Export.
- Click Import from another program or file, and then click Next.
- Click either Lotus Organizer 3.0 (97), 4.0, or Lotus Organizer 5.0, and then click Next.
- In the File To Import box, type the import file name, and then click Next.
- Click Import '<filename>' to
'<foldername>', and then click Map Custom Fields (where <name> is the file or folder name that you want to use).
- Map the <Organizer fieldname> to <Outlook fieldname>, and then click OK.
General Lotus Organizer Conversion Issues
Single Categories ImportedFor those Organizer entries that contain more than one category, only the first category in the list is imported to Outlook.
Calls Are Not ImportedOrganizer Call entries are not imported to Outlook.
Notes Are Not ImportedOrganizer note entries are not imported to Outlook.
Planner EntriesOrganizer Planner entries are imported as appointments in the Outlook Calendar. Those appointments that occur for multiple days are imported as recurring appointments.
Repeated EventsOrganizer Repeated Events are imported as a series of individual events in Outlook.
Contact InformationFor information about how to contact any of the companies mentioned in this article, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.
The third-party products that are discussed in this article are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.
ID do Artigo: 287688 - Última Revisão: 25 de ago de 2009 - Revisão: 1