When you create a presentation on a computer that uses one set of fonts, the presentation may not look the same on another computer that has different fonts installed. You may be able to solve this problem by saving (or embedding) your fonts in the presentation.
PowerPoint supports Edit-level TrueType font embedding. This means that if you open a presentation that contains embedded fonts that are not already installed on your computer, you can use those fonts on other text in the same presentation, but you cannot use them in other presentations.
PowerPoint supports the embedding of TrueType fonts when you save in the formats that are listed in the following table.
|Microsoft PowerPoint 2002||Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003||Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007|
|PowerPoint 97-2002 & 95 Presentation||PowerPoint 97-2003 & 95 Presentation||PowerPoint 97-2003 Presentation|
|PowerPoint Show||PowerPoint Show||PowerPoint Show|
How to embed TrueType fonts in a presentationTo save your presentation so that the fonts appear and print correctly when you open the presentation in PowerPoint on another computer, use one of the following methods depending on your version of PowerPoint:
- In Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007, follow these steps:
- Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Save As.
- In the Save As dialog box, click Tools, and then click Save Options.
- Click to select the Embed fonts in the file check box under Preserve fidelity when sharing this presentation, and then click OK.
- In Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003 and in Microsoft PowerPoint 2002, follow these steps:
- Start PowerPoint, and then open the presentation that you want.
- On the File menu, click Save As.
- On the Tools menu, click Save Options in the Save As dialog box.
- Click to select the Embed TrueType fonts check box, and then click OK.
- You can embed any TrueType fonts that are included with Windows. Other TrueType fonts can be embedded only if they have no license restrictions. If a font cannot be embedded, a message appears to inform you of the reason why it cannot be embedded. For example, you may not be able to embed a font if the font is not marked as editable or as installable.
- If you save a presentation with embedded fonts, the file size of your presentation increases.
ID do Artigo: 291924 - Última Revisão: 2 de mai de 2008 - Revisão: 1