- The codec may be damaged.
- The codec may not be supported by Windows Media Player.
- The connection to the codec server cannot be established.
- The user that is trying to play the media does not have administrator permissions on the computer. To download and install a new codec, the user must have administrator permissions.
- Verify that the user that is trying to play the media has administrator permissions on the computer. For information about how to do so, use the User Accounts tool in Control Panel.
- Verify that your computer is configured to properly download a codec.For additional information about how to download codecs automatically in Windows Media Player, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:291818 How to Download Codecs Automatically in Windows Media Player
- Verify that the codec you want to use is supported by Windows Media Player.For additional information about supported codecs in Windows Media Player for Windows XP, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:291948 Windows Media Player for Windows XP Supported Codecs
ID do Artigo: 297752 - Última Revisão: 31 de jan de 2007 - Revisão: 1