Install the CertificatesThe Windows 2000 Internet Information Server version 5.0 supports Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) communications. An entire Web site, a folder on the Web site, or a particular file that is located in a folder on the site can require a secure SSL connection. However, before the Web server can support SSL sessions, a Web site certificate must be installed.
You can use one of the following methods to install a certificate in IIS 5.0:
- Make an online request by using the IIS Web Server Certificate Wizard and install the certificate at the time of the request.
- Make an offline request by using the IIS Web Server Certificate Wizard and obtain and install the certificate at a later time.
- Request a certificate without using the IIS Web Server Certificate Wizard.
To install the Web site certificate, follow these steps:
- Import the certificate into the computer's certificate store.
- Assign the installed certificate to the Web site.
Import the Certificate Into the Local Computer StoreTo import the certificate into the local computer store, follow these steps:
- On the IIS 5.0 Web server, click Start and click Run.
- In the Run dialog box, type mmc in the Open text box. Click OK.
- In the Console1 console, click the Console menu and then click Add/Remove snap-in.
- In the Add/Remove Snap-in dialog box, click Add.
- In the Add Standalone Snap-in dialog box, click Certificates and click Add.
- In the Certificates snap-in dialog box, select Computer account and click Next.
- In the Select Computer dialog box, select Local computer : (the computer this console is running on) and click Finish.
- In the Add Standalone Snap-in dialog box, click Close.
- In the Add/Remove Snap-in dialog box, click OK.
- In the left pane of the console, expand Certificates (Local Computer).
- Right-click Personal, point to All Tasks, and then click Import.
- On the Welcome to the Certificate Import Wizard page, click Next.
- On the File to Import page, click Browse and find the certificate on the floppy disk, local hard disk, or network share on which the certificate is stored. Select the certificate and click Next.
- If the certificate has a password, type the password on the Password page. Click Next.
- On the Certificate Store page, select Place all certificates in the following store and ensure that the Certificate Store is set to Personal. If the store is not set to Personal, click Browse and select Personal store. Click Next.
- Review the settings and click Finish.
Assign the Imported Certificate to the Web Site
- On the IIS 5.0 Web server, start the Internet Services Manager from the Administrative Tools menu.
- In the Internet Information Services console, expand your server, right-click the Web site to which you want to assign the certificate, and then click Properties.
- On the Directory Security tab, click Server Certificate.
- On the Welcome to the Web Certificate Wizard page, click Next.
- On the Server Certificate page, select Assign an existing certificate and click Next.
- On the Available Certificates page, select the installed certificate and click Next.
- On the Certificate Summary page, review the information about the certificate and click Next.
- On the Completing the Web Server Certificate Wizard page, click Finish.
ID do Artigo: 310178 - Última Revisão: 30 de jul de 2008 - Revisão: 1