Consider the following scenario:
- You configure the system for Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) mode.
- You turn on BitLocker Drive Encryption for the boot (system) partition on drive C.
- You disable the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) chip or you change the boot files so that the BitLocker Drive Encryption Recovery screen is displayed on restart.
- You restart the computer to the BitLocker Drive Encryption Recovery screen.
- You do not touch the BitLocker Drive Encryption Recovery screen for one minute. Then, the computer shuts down.
In this scenario, after you restart the computer, Event Viewer may display the following logged event:
Note BIOS mode is also known as legacy mode and compatibility mode.
ID do Artigo: 3174095 - Última Revisão: 23 de jun de 2016 - Revisão: 1