To run the repair, follow these steps:
- On the Start menu, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then click Add/Remove Programs.
- On the list of installed programs, click Visual Studio .NET or Visual Studio 2005, and then click Change.
- Click the second item in the 1 2 3 Visual Studio Setup dialog box.
- Insert the product CD. If an installation wizard starts, cancel the wizard, and then proceed with the repair as outlined in the following step. If the product CD is not inserted before the next step, the CD may not be recognized.
- Click Repair/Re-install, and then follow the onscreen instructions.
Steps to reproduce the behaviorTo reproduce the problem, it is best to have two operating systems installed on separate partitions. Two installations of Windows XP Professional will work.
- Install Visual Studio .NET under one operating system.
- Install Visual Studio .NET under the other operating system; change the default location to match the installation location of the first installation.
- Both installs report as successful.
- Start the copy of Visual Studio .NET that you installed in step 2.
ID do Artigo: 320427 - Última Revisão: 11 de jul de 2008 - Revisão: 1