To resolve this issue, you must add a RG_SZ string for each music file type (extension) that is not working. You must find the following registry key and then add the appropriate audio file name extension:
To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- Type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the value that contains the extension of the file type that is not working under the following registry key:HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ for example: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.wma
- With the extension selected, point to New on the Edit menu, and then click String Value.
- Type PerceivedType as the value name, and then press ENTER.
- Double-click the PerceivedType string value, type audio as the value data, and then click OK.
- Repeat these steps for each file type (extension) that is not working.
- Quit Registry Editor.
- Restart the computer.
ID do Artigo: 322642 - Última Revisão: 31 de jan de 2007 - Revisão: 1