The common critical MS-DOS errors are:
- attempting to access a floppy drive with no disk
- attempting to write a file to a write-protected floppy disk
- attempting to access an unformatted floppy disk
Switching Between Full Screen and Windowed Display ModesThe "windowed" display mode of MS-DOS applications is only available in 386 enhanced mode. There are three actions that can be performed to run an MS-DOS application in a window or full screen:
- Select the desired mode in the PIF Editor.
- Press ALT+ENTER to toggle between the two modes.
- Select the desired mode from the MS-DOS application's system menu:
- Start the MS-DOS application in question.
- Press ALT+SPACEBAR to display the system menu.
- Select Settings (press T).
- Select Windowed (press W).
- Press ENTER.
MS-DOS Int 24H Critical ErrorsThe critical error handler is a function of interrupt 24H. A complete listing of the MS-DOS Int 24H critical errors are listed below.
Hex Dec Description
00H 0 Write-protect error
01H 1 Unknown unit (invalid drive number)
02H 2 Drive not ready (no disk or driver door open)
03H 3 Unknown command requested
04H 4 Data error (CRC)
05H 5 Bad request structure length
06H 6 Seek error; move to requested cylinder failed
07H 7 Unknown disk format
08H 8 Sector not found
09H 9 Printer out of paper
0AH 10 Write fault
0BH 11 Read fault
0CH 12 General, nonspecific error
0FH 15 Invalid disk change (MS-DOS version 3.0 or later)
ID do Artigo: 71211 - Última Revisão: 7 de jul de 2005 - Revisão: 1