- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 family
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional Edition
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Datacenter Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Enterprise Edition
For more information, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
However, even with the 4GT RAM Tuning feature turned on, a single process cannot allocate all 3 GB of memory. All system DLLs are loaded in fixed VM addresses. Therefore, the upper VM area becomes fragmented. The memory manager must reserve a segment of VM to make the memory allocation. The process cannot allocate more memory if the memory manager cannot find a contiguous VM address range for the next segment. Typically, the segment size is sufficiently large (32 or 64 MB).
This problem is not specific to ASP.NET or the common language runtime. It is an operating system restriction for any type of process.
ID do Artigo: 820108 - Última Revisão: 24 de mar de 2009 - Revisão: 1