Note For Windows 3.x, you must install Microsoft DOS (MS-DOS) before you install Windows.
back to the top
- Insert the Virtual PC installation disk in your host computer’s CD-ROM drive, and then copy the Pcdos2000.vhd file to a separate folder on your hard disk. (When you do so, verify the file name, the file path, the list source, and the destination locations.)
- Start Connectix virtual PC, click File in the Virtual PC window, and then click New PC.
- Click Next, type a descriptive name for the Windows 3.x operating system, and then click Next.
- Make sure that the Guide me option is selected, and then click Next.
- In the Which operating system do you intend to run on this PC list, click Windows 3.1, and then click Next.
- Click Next to accept the default memory allocation of 32 MB.
- Click Next to select an existing hard disk image.
- Click Browse, click the new PC DOS 2000.vhd file that you copied from your installation media to a separate folder to your hard disk, and then click
- If you want to be able to undo changes that you make during a session in this guest operating system, click to select the
Enable undo support check box. See the "References" section of this article for a reference to an article that explains this feature.
- Click Next, and then click Finish.
- In the Virtual PC window, click the Windows 3.x guest operating system that you created, and then click
- Click Memory, and then type 64 in the
Total RAM in PC box.
- If you want to connect to an external network, click Networking, and then click Virtual Switch to connect to the external network of your host computer.
- When you finish modifying the guest operating system settings, click
You may receive the following message: If you receive this message, follow these steps:
- Right-click the CD-ROM icon at the lower left of the
YourComputerName - Virtual PC window, and then click Capture Host Drive D.
NoteD is the drive letter of the CD-ROM drive.
- Click Reset to reset the virtual machine.
back to the top
ID do Artigo: 824550 - Última Revisão: 29 de jan de 2004 - Revisão: 1