You can use floppy disk images as if they are physical 3.5-inch disks in 3.5-inch disk drives. In some Windows programs, you must insert a 3.5-inch disk into the A drive while you install or use the program. Although you may be able to use a physical 3.5-inch disk, there are some situations where you must use a floppy disk image. For example, you use a laptop computer that does not have a 3.5-inch disk drive, but you must use a 3.5-inch disk.
- Start Virtual PC, click File, and then click Virtual Disk Wizard.
- On the Welcome to the Virtual Disk Wizardpage, click Next.
- On the Select Operation page, click
Create new floppy or hard disk image, and then click
- On the Select New Disk Type page, click
Create floppy disk image, and then click
- On the New floppy disk page, in the
Disk image location box, type the folder path that you want to use for the floppy disk image. Alternatively, you can click
Browse, and then locate the folder.
- In the Floppy disk type area, click either
Low density (720k) or High density (1.44MB). Typically, high-density disks are used.
- Click Next, and then on the Floppy Disk Creation Summary page, click Finish.
- When you receive the "The disk was created successfully" message, click Close.
ID do Artigo: 825098 - Última Revisão: 12 de dez de 2003 - Revisão: 1