This article applies to a Microsoft Access database (.mdb) and to a Microsoft Access project (.adp).
Novice: Requires knowledge of the user interface on single-user computers.
Specify a valid database name in the command line, and include a path if necessary.
To determine the unique number that is associated with the message that you receive, press CTRL+SHIFT+I. The following number appears in the lower-right corner of this message:
- The shortcut points to an earlier version of the Access runtime application, and you chose to upgrade the earlier Office programs during the setup of a later version of Microsoft Office.
- The Norton AntiVirus software was already installed when you installed Office Access 2007 or Microsoft Office Access 2003.
Note An antivirus program is designed to help protect your computer from viruses. You must not download or open files from sources that you do not trust, visit Web sites that you do not trust, or open e-mail attachments when your antivirus program is disabled. For additional information about computer viruses, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
To resolve the problem that is related to Norton AntiVirus software, follow these steps:
- Remove Access from your computer.
- Remove Norton AntiVirus software from your computer.
- Reinstall Access.
- Verify that you can use the shortcut to open the Access database.
- Reinstall Norton AntiVirus software.
For example, in the Target section of the shortcut
Properties, enter text that is similar to the following path for Access 2003:
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.
ID do Artigo: 826137 - Última Revisão: 30 de out de 2008 - Revisão: 1