Additionally, some programs restrict the available port range when these programs are installed. One such program is Microsoft Message Queuing (also known as MSMQ).
To resolve this issue, make a minimum of 100 ports available in the range of available ports that you define. If this issue continues to occur, make another 100 ports available. For example, the following registry entry has 100 ports available in the defined port range:
- Ports: REG_MULTI_SZ: 5000-5099
- PortsInternetAvailable: REG_SZ: Y
- UseInternetPorts: REG_SZ: Y
To change the number of ports that are available, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\Microsoft\RPC\Internet
- In the right pane, click Ports.
- On the Edit menu, click Modify. Change the value to the range of ports that you want to use.Note This range must be larger than 100.
- On the Registry menu, click Exit.Note You must restart the server computer for these changes to take effect.
ID do Artigo: 826154 - Última Revisão: 23 de mar de 2009 - Revisão: 1