- File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks is not installed.
- The Windows XP Professional-based computer is part of a workgroup. Computers that are joined to a network domain should not experience this problem.
- Install the File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks service. This service is required for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager and for Micrososft Office Outlook 2007 to function as expected.
- Join your computer to a domain, if one is available.
How to install Windows XP file and printer sharingTo install Windows XP file and printer sharing, have your Windows XP installation media available, as you may be prompted for it during installation. Follow these steps to install Windows XP file and printer sharing:
- Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.
- Select your connection, and then right-click Properties.
- Click Install, click Service, click Add, and then click File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks.
- Click OK, and then click Close. You may be prompted to restart your computer after the installation.
- Click Start, and then click
- Click Performance and Maintenance.
- Click Administrative Tools.
- Double-click Event Viewer.
- Double-click Application.
ID do Artigo: 828246 - Última Revisão: 25 de abr de 2008 - Revisão: 1