Note An antivirus program is designed to help protect your computer from viruses. You must not download or open files from sources that you do not trust, visit Web sites that you do not trust, or open e-mail attachments when your antivirus program is disabled.
For additional information about computer viruses, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Restart your computer, and then start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard.
On a computer that is configured for starting to multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when you see the
Operating System Choices menu.
- When the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, select the Return to OS Choices Menu option, and then press ENTER.
- Select the Cancel Windows XP Setupoption.
- Use the Add/Remove Programs tool in Control Panel to remove the third-party software from your computer.
- After you have removed the third-party software, restart your computer.
- Upgrade your computer to Windows XP.
- Reinstall the third-party software after the upgrade process is complete.
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.
For additional information about Windows XP Setup, click the following article numbers below to view the articles below in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
ID do Artigo: 829784 - Última Revisão: 23 de set de 2011 - Revisão: 1