In the event log, you may see events that are similar to the following:In this situation, you also see error 1818 in the output of the repadmin /showrepl command and in the output of the repadmin /showreps command.
- You promote a new domain controller into the forest by using the Active Directory Installation Wizard (Dcpromo.exe).
- Existing domain controllers replicate from source domain controllers that are connected over slow network links.
To resolve this issue, increase the bandwidth of your network connection so that the Active Directory changes replicate in the five minute timeout period. If you cannot increase the bandwidth of your network connection, edit the registry on your Windows Server 2003-based computer to increase the value of the RPC timeout for Active Directory replication. To increase the RPC timeout value, follow these steps:
- Start Registry Editor.
- Locate the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NTDS\Parameters
- Right-click Parameters, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type RPC Replication Timeout (mins), and then press ENTER to name the new value.
- Right-click RPC Replication Timeout (mins), and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type the number of minutes that you want to use for the RPC timeout for Active Directory replication, and then click OK. On a Windows Server 2003-based computer that is part of a Windows 2000 environment or that was upgraded from Windows 2000 Server, you may want to set this value to 45 minutes.
ID do Artigo: 830746 - Última Revisão: 15 de fev de 2017 - Revisão: 2