SQL Server Login dialog box, you receive the following error message:
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, submit a request to Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language. The English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in coordinated universal time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Note For a list of all the hotfixes available for MDAC 2.8, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Date Time Version Size File name
18-Oct-2003 04:20 2000.85.1022.45 503,808 Sqloledb.dll
Steps to reproduce the behavior
- Create a new Standard EXE project in Microsoft Visual Basic. By default, a form that is named Form1 is created.
- On the Project menu, click
Reference, and then click Microsoft ActiveX Data Object 2.6.
- Add a CommandButton control and a TextBox control to Form1.
- Add the following code to the Click event for the command button:
Dim con As New ADODB.Connection
con.Provider = "SQLOLEDB"
con.Properties("Prompt") = adPromptAlways
Text1.Text = con.ConnectionString
- Press the F5 key to run the application, and then click the command button.
- In the SQL Server Login dialog box, follow these steps:
- Click Use Trusted Connection.
- Click SQL Server 2000 server, and then click Options.
- Click Database in the list. You receive the error message that is described in the "Symptoms" section.
ID do Artigo: 831715 - Última Revisão: 28 de mai de 2008 - Revisão: 1