- A Microsoft Windows 2000-based client computer that is running Service Pack 3 (SP3) or later
- A Microsoft Windows XP-based client computer
To view a previous version of a file that was restored with Shadow Copy Restore, follow these steps:
- Locate the file on the network that you want to view a previous version of, right-click the file, and then click Properties.
- On the Previous Versions tab, click the version that you want to view, and then click View
- If the Previous Versions tab does not appear in the Properties dialog box, the Shadow Copies of Shared Folders option might not be enabled on the file server. Shadow copies are copies of files that are located on the server and that appear as previous versions. Please contact your administrator for more information.
- If there are no previous versions listed, the file has not changed since the oldest copy was taken.
- Previous versions are read-only. You cannot make changes to the previous version of the file because the previous version exists on the server.
To download the Shadow Copy Client, visit the following Microsoft Web site, and then download the ShadowCopyClient.msi file:
Note Windows 2000 clients require that the Shadowcopyclient.msi package be assigned in the Computer Configuration section of the policy object and the policy be assigned to the organizational unit for the targeted computers. If the packaged is set to be assigned through the User Configuration section of the policy object, or the policy is assigned to an organizational unit that contains the users only, the Shadowcopyclient.msi package will not completely install. You may see the package listed in Add Or Remove Programs, but no size is listed and the Previous Copies tab is unavailable on the client.
ID do Artigo: 832217 - Última Revisão: 25 de out de 2007 - Revisão: 1